Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera signs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want full instructions of how to rename all the cameras within the .csv files just ask!, you will need microsoft excel, or i do know of a freeware spreadsheet program that does the job as well (it's not as good as Excel but does do the job, just about). Smile
Paul
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing, (we need an edit funtion Evil or Very Mad )

The .csv files i use are the ones supplied in the main Speed camera database, not the ones supplied in the Garmin only camera database, the ones in the main database i use can be found in CSV Files > Other.

I'll shut up and go away now before i confuse everyone, wish i could put these things into words better. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Paul
AnotherBob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unsure how the Speedcamera database should work on my c310. I've loaded it with POI Loader according to the instructions, and I do get alerts, but what I see is the info bar at the top of the screen turn red, and "?0 MPH Speed Alert Ahead". I also hear the sound alert. However I don't see any picture showing the camera. Do I need to do anything else in order to see the BMP images? Is it connected with the level of detail I have set for the Map display? I do like the idea set out in the posts above so every camera is seen as SPEED CAMERA. Having changed the CSV files in that way, do you have to make changes to the associated BMP files?
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnotherBob wrote:
I'm unsure how the Speedcamera database should work on my c310. I've loaded it with POI Loader according to the instructions, and I do get alerts, but what I see is the info bar at the top of the screen turn red, and "?0 MPH Speed Alert Ahead". I also hear the sound alert. However I don't see any picture showing the camera. Do I need to do anything else in order to see the BMP images? Is it connected with the level of detail I have set for the Map display? I do like the idea set out in the posts above so every camera is seen as SPEED CAMERA. Having changed the CSV files in that way, do you have to make changes to the associated BMP files?

Exceed the speed limit and the camera position should be show.....
david_burton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps this solution coluld be used:

set the speed warning limit to 10 or 15mph

this way when you're waiting at lights or in a queue then you don't get the annoying beeps, but as soon as you start moving in "flowing" traffic then you get the warnings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: