Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with TomTom Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with TomTom Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Problems with TomTom Traffic Reply with quote

Has any one experience problems with TomTom traffic updates (TomTom Plus) since Friday 9/12/2005. I get the message that my SAT Nav cannot connect to the server. I have tried all the resets but still nothing. The only thing I can think of is that there is a server problem.

Can any one confirm this, has any one had a similar problem.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Traffic server has been down this weekend, and still is at the time of posting.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last week i had to reinput my user name and password to get it working it maybe they have done another upgrade of the server

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
will_wiggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Very Poor! Reply with quote

OK so this was one of those horrendous set of freak circumstances that occaisionally occur and end up specifically causing maximum aggro:

1. Saturday 10/12 - early morning start for journey from London to Peterborough - TT 700 plus Nokia 6310i - previously working perfectly says problems connecting check mobile. 10 minutes in lay by reconfiguring mobile to no avail. 700 bleeps at me all the way up the M1 that can't connect to mobile.

2. Saturday 10/12 - relying on radio M1 closed from J21 through 22. Isn't this why I brought Traffic - but no info so no convenient replanning - try to reconfigure again. Zip. Eventually work my way round it and avoid the hugh diversion tail back but more good luck than help from the technologh

3. Saturday - Loughborough to Market Harborough - appears to have semi-updated and end up taking big detour only to find out that was old information still on the system - spend 20 minutes trying to reset

4. As no useful error messages am convinced that phone is not working so reconfigure for different phone - 20 minutes - still nothing

5. Try to log on to TT website but no useful information about the server status

6. Check forums and one post indicates there may be a problem.

7. Assume that this will clear in 24 hours..... ha ha!!!

8. Sunday 11/12 - You can kind of feel this coming can't you. Decide to make early start back to London.....big bang...Traffic still giving no useful messages other than can't connect.

9. Sunday 11/12 - big tailback...not a lot of warning...none from Traffic...long time to get home

10. Check forum - seems server might be down still.....

Conclusions

This is the second time in three months that the traffic server has been down for a signifcant amount of time and no useful informatin was available - absolutely nothing on the website when it should be up there on the front!

Having spent a good deal of money and subscribed for Traffic this was exactly the kind of situation I was supposed to be avoiding and merrily skipping round. Pretty hopeless and made more hopeless by the total lack of information

nul point

Will
bbuuggssy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read teh Terms and Conditions regarding refunds / additional subscription time etc as compensation for when the traffic service is down?
David26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Traffic is now up and running. Useful for getting around Hemel. I have received a mail from TomTom stating that the server is now up and running. I have responded with a rather pointed response in availability and communication of problems. I don't suppose I'll get a reply. We'll see.

David :D
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been discussing the TT Traffic problems with accuracy & timeliness of updates with TT for about 10 weeks now.
I think they only times I've had accurate information is the few times he m4 has been clear & TTTraffic has said nothing.

Oh. Except yesterday morning when it told me the M4 had an accident at J6.

Sadly accuracy isn't one of its better features. And all they ever tell me is that they're talking to the supplier.

For instance... 25th Nov. M1, from J18 to J26 or so. The TT just gave a traffic icon and said no info, & 0 minutes delay. Meanwhile I'm sitting in a 2 hour jam going nowhere.

The same happens on the A404(M), M4@J8/9 etc. I do get told the A4 in maidenhead is busy a lot where it crosses the A404. Usually when it's not.

And I swear the unit has bugs around traffic as well. I can get an alert, have it replan, then I'll drive on the route anyway, and it just ignores the traffic... On the nav display anyway...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: