Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morgad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: weird problem with Garmin nuvi310D Reply with quote

Hi, I have uploaded two sets of POI's into my new toy :D , your database, and one other from another site.
When I went to
Code:
    where to?
        my locations
             favorites

I got a bit of a suprise.

All my existing favorites were now in triplicate 8O

pilot error on my part? or has anyone else seen this?
(I just went through and deleted all the extra entries by hand to fix, so no great problem)

best regards
Dave
snowster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|\hiya everybody just signed up now and I'm having problems trying to download the file for a Naviman icn 520 - I've downloaded the zip file which is named pgpsw - speed cams, and when I try to open the pocketgps programme it says it is an unknown file type n when i chose the option of 'use the web service to find appropiate program' it doesnt find a relevant programme. Just wondering how i get to the next step if anybody can help??
thenudehamster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowster wrote:
|\hiya everybody just signed up now and I'm having problems trying to download the file for a Naviman icn 520 - I've downloaded the zip file which is named pgpsw - speed cams, and when I try to open the pocketgps programme it says it is an unknown file type n when i chose the option of 'use the web service to find appropiate program' it doesnt find a relevant programme. Just wondering how i get to the next step if anybody can help??

I have to admit, I'm surprised the webfind service couldn't find anything - maybe it's because the file extension is hidden?
Do you use Windows XP? The default condition in that is to 'Hide file extensions for known filetypes' in the 'Folder Options/View' Control Panel.
Make sure this option is disabled so that in Explorer windows you see the .zip extension on the filename of the downloaded database file.
XP has a built-in unzipper, and normally .zip files will automatically open to show the contents of the archive when you double-click the item. If this isn't happening, you could visit www.winzip.com and download the trial version of WinZip; this will unzip pretty well every .zip file you come across, and a few others besides. There are others out there, but WinZip is the standard....
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowster wrote:
and when I try to open the pocketgps programme it says it is an unknown file type

Don't forget, the database is not a program, just a collection of datafiles, bundled up in a zip archive for compactness. Follow the previous advice, just double click or right click and select "extract all" and that should save all the files that were in the zip archive into a new folder in the same place. Open that and copy the individual files as per the instructions for your unit.
Flazcano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: hi all please help a beginner Reply with quote

I have just got a garmin I3 I want to download the speed camera database and POIcapture but i don't know how to do it amd how to set it up in would you please explain step by step i have no idea at all.]
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcom to the forum, Have a read of This its a step by step guide to setting up the i3 for the camera database.
As for POICapture, I am afraid that will not work with your device, it is for the TomTom software only - Mike
gpsmulligan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Northen Ireland Reply with quote

HI.

Just and wondering if the speed camera database also covers the speed cameras in northern ireland?

Regards
Robert Mulligan
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Northen Ireland Reply with quote

gpsmulligan wrote:
HI.

Just and wondering if the speed camera database also covers the speed cameras in northern ireland?

Regards
Robert Mulligan
Welcome to the forums Exclamation

Yes, the database covers NI & also some in Eire.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
bambinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've done a search of the forums but I can't find anything to help me - I downloaded the free speed cameras last year ok but now I'm having problems.

Using mac OS X.4.2/safari/tomtom one

Every time I try to download files I get 'decompression failed' showing in download manager underneath the file name and if I try to open the file I get the message "unable to archive "pgpsw-speed-cams.zip" into desktop. (error 1 - operation not permitted.)"

Tried shortening the zip file name, using internet explorer, opening with stuffit expander (which resulted in: "unknown zip header format").

Not sure where to go from here, to top it all tomtom home keeps crashing. Can some lovely person make it all better for me? Love it
bambinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my post above, I just installed firefox to see if that would help but I get "unknown zip header format encountered" when trying to open the file including when I shorten the file name.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bambinho and welcome to the forum!

Have you seen http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213 ?
bambinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I have seen that thread and also used the search facility to try and find other similar queries - I've found similar problems but no solutions.
aniiswalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: speed cam database Reply with quote

Speedy, know what your saying. Just posted a message saying the same thing as you.....god knows where I posted it. at least the link they gave you may offer me some direction too.

You been caught speeding much??
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: speed cam database Reply with quote

aniiswalker wrote:
Just posted a message saying the same thing as you.....god knows where I posted it.

Have a look here. Supreme Angel

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rpwoodman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Just gor 2820, got PocketGPSWorld speed cams, want EU cams! Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just (yesterday evening) got a StreetPilot 2820. Not really had a chance to use it much, tho have had a little fiddle. Used WebUpdater to update the software (to 3.10).
I've installed the PocketGPSWorld UK camera database, so that's good. However, I want cameras for France as well. Could someone point me in the direction of the definitive french/EU cameras please?
If I load another lot of POIs, will I get 2 warnings for the same speed camera (assuming the EU speed cam database includes the UK cams)? Is the only way around that to delete the duplicate entries?

Off tomorrow (Saturday) morning, so if anyone does have a couple of minutes before then, I'd really appreciate it.

Rgds

Rupert.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: