Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Luxury 4 Bedroom Villa For Rent In Disney Orlando Florida
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Dec 08, 2004
Posts: 10615
Location: Suffolk, UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitmaxbull wrote:
the prob i have is i am trying to add the poi capture and have done what it says in forum.

Which Device are you using?

Which Version of POICapture did you download?

When you say you don't get a 3rd screen up, what have you done up to that point?
_________________
Richard

TT 910 V7.903 (9183/081205) OS:2344
Europe version 1045.10005
TT Via 135 App 12.075
Europe v 1065.10740
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Jan 14, 2005
Posts: 19638
Location: Blackpool , Lancs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a valid GPS signal when trying to see the third screen? - if not the application will close and return to the TomTom screen - Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
johnboyflash
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Download Problems Reply with quote

Hi,

i have tried to download the speed camera database and i am not getting anything but a document file that i cannot open.

i am using IE 6.

any ideas???

Johnboy 8)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoctorWu
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 24, 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Lost Reply with quote

I am sorry if this has been posted before many times, but I am lost! I have downloaded the zip file with maps for my Garmin Streetpilot 2610 but don't know how to get them to display in Mapsource. I have tried the single file and the muliple files. Can anyone help please? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RobBrady
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Jul 21, 2004
Posts: 2718
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Download Problems Reply with quote

johnboyflash wrote:
Hi,

i have tried to download the speed camera database and i am not getting anything but a document file that i cannot open.

i am using IE 6.

any ideas???

Johnboy 8)


Sorry Johnboy,

Only just spotted this! Embarassed

Is a zip extension shown when you download? There should be a .zip at the end of the file name.

If there isn't, please add it.

Any more problems, please post again.

...and a belated welcome to the forums!
_________________
Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RobBrady
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Jul 21, 2004
Posts: 2718
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Reply with quote

DoctorWu wrote:
I am sorry if this has been posted before many times, but I am lost! I have downloaded the zip file with maps for my Garmin Streetpilot 2610 but don't know how to get them to display in Mapsource. I have tried the single file and the muliple files. Can anyone help please? Rolling Eyes


Welcome to the forums DoctorWu!

Have you seen http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33666#181828 ?
_________________
Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Allexdq
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 25, 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi sorry, to be a total pain, but I can't figure it out either. I'm running a Packard Bell GPS 400, I've downloaded the camera files, and moved them to the Sync folder, which says it has synced with the device, but I cant find the camera files on there, and it doesn't detect them yet, or warn me of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nilz
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: 7-zip message says 'not supported archive' Reply with quote

When I try to unzip the Download of TomTom OV2 UK all cameras file with 7-zip if get a message saying - Single_file_with_all_cameras.zip is not a supported archive.
I didn't have a problem with this last year and have just checked and it still unzips fine the pocketgps_uk_sc_oct05 file that I used then!
Any thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RobBrady
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Jul 21, 2004
Posts: 2718
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allexdq wrote:
Rolling Eyes Hi sorry, to be a total pain, but I can't figure it out either. I'm running a Packard Bell GPS 400, I've downloaded the camera files, and moved them to the Sync folder, which says it has synced with the device, but I cant find the camera files on there, and it doesn't detect them yet, or warn me of them.


Hi Allexdq and welcome to the forums!

Have you seen http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=31537&start=15 ?
_________________
Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RobBrady
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Jul 21, 2004
Posts: 2718
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 7-zip message says 'not supported archive' Reply with quote

Nilz wrote:
When I try to unzip the Download of TomTom OV2 UK all cameras file with 7-zip if get a message saying - Single_file_with_all_cameras.zip is not a supported archive.
I didn't have a problem with this last year and have just checked and it still unzips fine the pocketgps_uk_sc_oct05 file that I used then!
Any thoughts?


Hi Nilz, welcome to the forums!

I've just tried it and it works. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Please can you let us know, which browser version, operating system, firewall software, anti virus software you are using or any other information you think may be helpful.
_________________
Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hazykay
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 28, 2006
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Probs downloading apeed camera files Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I have Navman icn 510 and downloaded the speed cam database. When I open the zipped file pgpsw-speed-cams I have a file called pocketgps_uk_sc.asc but I cannot open it, my computer says it is an unknown file type. HELP!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nilz
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: 7-zip message says 'not supported archive' Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
Nilz wrote:
When I try to unzip the Download of TomTom OV2 UK all cameras file with 7-zip if get a message saying - Single_file_with_all_cameras.zip is not a supported archive.
I didn't have a problem with this last year and have just checked and it still unzips fine the pocketgps_uk_sc_oct05 file that I used then!
Any thoughts?


Hi Nilz, welcome to the forums!

I've just tried it and it works. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Please can you let us know, which browser version, operating system, firewall software, anti virus software you are using or any other information you think may be helpful.


I am using Firefox 1.502, Sygate personal Firewall, AVG anti-virus. Also tried it with also tried downloading with Explorer 6. As before file has zip extension (in light of earlier post by someone else) and is recognised as such - just produces the ' ...is not a supported archive' message!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nilz
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Apr 15, 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 7-zip message says 'not supported archive' Reply with quote

Nilz wrote:
robbrady wrote:
Nilz wrote:
When I try to unzip the Download of TomTom OV2 UK all cameras file with 7-zip if get a message saying - Single_file_with_all_cameras.zip is not a supported archive.
I didn't have a problem with this last year and have just checked and it still unzips fine the pocketgps_uk_sc_oct05 file that I used then!
Any thoughts?


Hi Nilz, welcome to the forums!

I've just tried it and it works. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Please can you let us know, which browser version, operating system, firewall software, anti virus software you are using or any other information you think may be helpful.


I am using Firefox 1.502, Sygate personal Firewall, AVG anti-virus. Also tried it with also tried downloading with Explorer 6. As before file has zip extension (in light of earlier post by someone else) and is recognised as such - just produces the ' ...is not a supported archive' message!


Thanks Rob for looking at this but I have found a solution and perhaps an explantion which might be of help to others - From http://www.7-zip.org/faq

"Why can't 7-Zip open some ZIP archives?

In 99% of these cases it means that the archive contains incorrect headers. ZIP archives contain two copies of headers. 7-Zip reads both copies and won't open archives with incorrect data in the headers. Other ZIP programs can open some archives with incorrect headers, since these programs usually read only one copy of the headers, or they just ignore errors.

If you have such archive, please don't call the 7-Zip developers about it. Instead try to find the program that was used to create the archive and inform the developers of that program that their software is not ZIP-compatible."

Anyway a 'stand-alone' (doesn't need installation) freeware file manager programe I use on a memory stick - A43 File Management Utility - did unzip the file correctly for me. Bit of a work around I didn't want to ditch 7zip (freely provided software) just for this.

I wonder what programe is used to create the zip files for the camera database.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RobBrady
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Jul 21, 2004
Posts: 2718
Location: Chelmsford, UK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll pass that information on Smile
_________________
Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
happyhero
Occasional Visitor


Joined: May 15, 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sorry I am another newby on here and i fell the dumbist because everybody is having trouble with the files but I cannot even find where the files are to download, help please. I want to download all the camera types in the UK

I downloaded the cameras about 2 years ago from this site and have meant to update them for ages but never got round to it. I have a TOMTOM Go. When I did it ages ago it was free but now as I try and follow through on the site I keep coming to a page that says I am registered but not currently enjoying subscription. Is that I cannot see them because you have to pay now for these files or am I just be stupid and missing the item to click.

Where are the files, help please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
19.041 (07 Apr 21)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping