Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go 300 Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go 300 Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go 300 Maps Reply with quote

A work colleague has given me the European maps on disc for his Tom Tom pda (now surplus to requirements to him). Is it possible for me to copy the French map onto an SD card for my own Tom Tom Go 300? In other words are they compatable?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maps as such are compatible. But most probably your product code will not be sufficient to activate them.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
AAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have to be activated on line then. If not how does activation work please?
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are compatible.

However each CD set comes with a product code, you must then must go online and type in the device code of the PDA/GO/ONE you are loading it onto(1) and then it gives you back the activation code

(1)The software gives you the device code.

This is to ensure that each product code is activated on only one device.

However! I'm led to believe you can activate on a second device after 7 days and a further device after each 6 months.

Using the maps on 2 devices at the same time is against the licence and if you do you'll have police knocking on your door in no time Wink. However if your friend is no longer using the maps it shouldn't be too much problem.

My advice, give it a go, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work. Just remember to take backups first!
AAH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.

If the CD comes with a product code and I already have a 'credit card' type device number with my TTG 300, do you have to let TomTom know (via the web) both of these?

I would have thought from my previous experience with a Medion Product, that you could just drop a map directly onto an SD card.

If, as you have indicated, activation must occur first, can you then copy say France onto a new (ebay purchased) blank SD card, or do I need to erase the one that came with the TTG 300?

Alan
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAH wrote:
Thanks Mark.

If the CD comes with a product code and I already have a 'credit card' type device number with my TTG 300, do you have to let TomTom know (via the web) both of these?

I would have thought from my previous experience with a Medion Product, that you could just drop a map directly onto an SD card.

If, as you have indicated, activation must occur first, can you then copy say France onto a new (ebay purchased) blank SD card, or do I need to erase the one that came with the TTG 300?

Alan

The SD card you got with the TTG will have the application as well as other important files on it. So don't just erase it!

Best thing is to copy it's entire contents to a larger SD card then after making sure that works, install the France map in the available space.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: