Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Great Service From PDAMODS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Service From PDAMODS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TraceT wrote:
It seems to me that new forum members aren't really welcome on this site

New people are always Welcome Generally speaking we are all friendly here and we don't bite. Wink

You have to understand that people are always a but suspicious of posts which voice strong good or bad feelings about some particular supplier. It isn't anything personal, but the internet is a fairly anonymous place and forums like this are open to abuse.
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Skippy
It's reassuring to know that some of you are actually friendly. :D

I still want to say that I don't think it is a good idea to discourage new users from posting on such topics as how would you know just how many people do actually get a decent service from retailers if they're not allowed to speak up and say so.
Surely as much info put forward good or bad is required to make a proper judgement.

I would probably have posted just as easily if my input was negative as I believe every little helps.
I am certainly not new to forums, just this one Wink
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TraceT

As I have been active myself in this particular discussion, please accept my apologies as it would seem that you are indeed genuine. However I am sure if you have a look at the posts in this forum praising this particular company you will see what I and others have been pointing out. This company have a bit of a reputation on here for arrogant uncaring after sales service and judging by the way they have treated others, it would not suprise me in the least if they were "pulling a fast one"

If you had for instance posted that you had had great service from GPSforless or TotalPDA for instance, then it is highly likely that not a word of comment would have been made. Thankfully you too had good service from this company, I say you too, as I bought my original kit from them too and I had "reasonable" service - I am just happy I got away with it, and had no major problem.

I can only repeat my apology and concur that of course you and other new posters are truly welcome here.

Kind regards

Steve
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology accepted.
Quote:
If you had for instance posted that you had had great service from GPSforless or TotalPDA for instance, then it is highly likely that not a word of comment would have been made.

I gathered that actually!
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TraceT

I have never suggested that new members were not welcome. I have only been here myself less than 6 months and would not do so. We all have different opinions and the one thing I have learnt over the last 6 months is not to let others expressing their honestly held opinion upset me.

For some background just look back over some past posts for this company in particular. As others have said lots of gushing praise (almost like an ad copyrighter) with no real detail from a first time poster that is then never heard of again. Also a lot of major complaints from others

I am sure PDAmods are fine when everything goes OK with their order, as it did in your case. However it seems, from other posts, that there can be a problem with getting them to respond properly when things go wrong.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my last post I suggest people should look at this thread for a different view of PDAMods
http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21192
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably worth mentioning that PDA MODS are a bit of a sore subject with a number of the users of this forum - and in the majority of cases for good reasons.

My brother bought his TT 700 of them no problems - but after reading the feedback on here I went elsewhere.

It's al down to personal choice.

I really wouldn't take it personally..............

Chris
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we ask customers to post positive feedback about us if they are happy with technical support and service that we have provided.

The pocketgps moderators can check IP addresses of any posts, and although we advertise with pocketgps, the moderators would NOT allow us to post positive responses about our company as that would make this forum pointless.

As the UKs largest seller of PDA accessories we have thousands of happy customers, and although we aim to maintain the highest level of customer service, there will always be a few disgruntled customers.

We would like to wish all our customers a happy new year.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDAMODS wrote:

As the UKs largest seller of PDA accessories <snip>

And just how do you arrive at that conclusion? Or is this just some sort of claim out of thin air which sounds really good on a forum such as this? Or does one of your staff weight 26 stones? Or are you based in a REALLY BIG building?

If you cannot prove the statement then please retract it

Steve
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDAMODS wrote:
As the UKs largest seller of PDA accessories we have thousands of happy customers, and although we aim to maintain the highest level of customer service, there will always be a few disgruntled customers.

We would like to wish all our customers a happy new year.

And you are so lucky that so many of your customers's first posts in this forum are to praise you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
peterweg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never asked me, but I did. Has it occured to PDAMods detractors that maybe they have improved themselves due to the critism here?

Which would be a good thing.
vetinari
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are "the UKs largest seller of PDA accessories" it's bit of a shame you don't know the products you sell
slynchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: PDA MODS Reply with quote

I can assure you that customer service and delivery has not improved at PDA Mods. I ordered some bits for my Ipaq 2790 on the 4th Jan, in fairness I got the order pretty quickly.... but it was wrong. After phone calls and returning the holder, with full details of their error, I have had zero customer service. No reply to emails, no help on phone... nothing.

Be very aware of their service, if the order had arrived correctly I would have had no reason to worry, however.... when they get it wrong (and I am far from the first just do a google search!) they will not help.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: IP address Reply with quote

[quote="PDAMODS"]Actually we ask customers to post positive feedback about us if they are happy with technical support and service that we have provided.

The pocketgps moderators can check IP addresses of any posts.

IP address is easily hidden or changed.

We won it 5 times, We won it 5 times.
In Istanbul, We won it 5 times.

Football Capital of the World.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would add to this thread rather than beginning a new one.

I purchased a powered cradle for my Mio 168 from them last year to replace one that I broke. It became faulty in mid December. Two emails within 4 days was all it took to get an RMA number (even though I had no receipt or proof of purchase). I sent the item back to them on the first day back at work this month (2nd Jan '07) and the replacement had arrived by the 4th Jan '07.

Although not an expensive piece of kit, the customer service to me was very good.

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: