Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Great Service From PDAMODS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Service From PDAMODS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DraySoft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Great Service From PDAMODS Reply with quote

Dear PDAMODS, I must say your service is great !!! My Globalsat BT-338 order number 52809 arrived when you said it would and after a quick look on the TomTom site worked way past my expectations, receiving a very good signal in the middle of our house. :D

Best Regards,
KJS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I wonder ! Rolling Eyes
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJS so do I

The only time anybody gives a good recomendation to this company it turns out to be first time poster - and often only poster. Frankly it does not smell very nice does it. The words "pinch of salt" come immediately to mind. The next thought is "is this the only way they can get any recommendations."

Suggest anybody reading this should apply a healthy lump of scepticism

If I am wrong I apologise to Draysoft.
DraySoft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find your remarks VERY offensive, if this is how this forum works I do not wish to be part of it.

My original very cheap GPS mouse failed and I decided to purchase a new receiver, I looked at many sites and choose the Globalsat BT-338. The review on this site was one of the ones that helped me make my mind up.

I needed a guaranteed delivery and low price PDAMODS delivered both.

If anyone is still in doubt about the authenticity of my messages post your phone number and I would be more than willing to confirm what I have posted.

I am using the BT338 with my IPAQ H5550 and as I said a very strong signal in the middle of our house / jacket pocket etc.
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had a great service from PDAMODS, they had everything I ordered in stock and it was dispatched and delivered within two days by Royal Mail special delivery at 7:15am.
I purchased the TOMTOM Nav 5 Bluetooth for PDA with a tomtom custom car kit specific for my PDA, a Dell Axim X50v.
Both work great and I too get a decent signal from the GPS receiver in my house! meaning I can plan my journeys before I leave the house and get in the car.
I emailed them with a couple of queries of my own and received a very quick reply {within 24 hrs as stated on their site} from their support team on two occasions. I was extremely happy with their service I have placed a further order with them for other accessories.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered one thing from them, and paid extra for express delivery, but it never arrived. After a week I wrote to them expressing my disappointment that it hadn't arrived and asked for a refund.

To their credit, they did refund (it was only about £15 anyway). Item never arrived though and it's now been about a month!

Presumably for £4.99 or £5.99 shipping charges, it must have been sent registered? I mean even City Link can deliver next day for £6.99. I think they just plonked it in the mail and charged me lots of money for the privilege, or just didn't ship it (maybe they forgot).

I won't order from them again.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJS & Peterc10

I am with you all the way on this - with all due apology to Draysoft if you are a genuine person - but if you check the boards it does seem that PDAmods only get good recommendations from first or second time posters who are never heard from again.

I mention this on this forum a while ago

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30894

Smells fishy to me

Steve
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let all you guys know for feedback purposes.
I have happily received my second order from PDAMODS.
I have got to give them at least 4/5 stars.
My order was placed Sunday, dispatched Monday {the same day the order was processed}, delivered with my morning post Tuesday!
I used Standard delivery on both occasions. I received replies from their customer support team on two occasions within 24hrs over the weekend.
The fact that I am posting on here for the only second time is irrelevant.
The only thing I would like to see on their site is detailed shipping charges/information before placing an order, but you do get this info before entering payment info.
My credit card was charged under Vivo Technologies both times although my invoice stated it would be Think Price.
There certainly is nothing fishy with them to me as far as I have come to experience.
PDAMODS are just like any other online retailer I have dealt with over the past 6 years or so.
Overall a fast reliable service, competitive prices with good customer response time too!
I am deeply sorry for other peoples bad experiences with them, but from my point of view I would recommend them.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glade to hear you have had good service, always good to hear good comments, what did you buy out or curiosity?
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is truly the case for you then TraceT - then I unresevedly apologise - TO YOU - but I still think that a fast one is being pulled by these folks at PDA Mods - you may very well be genuine (and there must be some out there - surely?) but it is seriously dodgy that there are so many first time posters who peiase the company and are never heard from again, nor answer any question asked of them (I note that in another thread StevenGourlay of TotalPDA asked a question from such a poster and no reply was received)

Maybe I am just a distrustful cynic?

Steve
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said TraceT that your case does indeed look a little sifferent as you have taken the trouble to actually enter your location details - none of the others have...

Steve
KJS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the above being posted, I think it is up to the individuals who read this forum to form their own opinions on this, and if they feel that PDA Mods give good service then to go ahead and use them.

Taking into account all the retailers out there who have had consistent positive reports, it would be to order from one of them. This is in no way meant as a slight on the posters commending PDA Mods. But, is meant as a way I would judge who I would spend my money with and expect a good service from.

This is the main benefit this part of the forum promotes and gives me the opportunity to make my own decision who I would deal with.
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First to StevenGourlay,
I have already stated what I purchased in my first order, "TOMTOM Nav 5 Bluetooth for PDA with a tomtom custom car kit specific for my PDA, a Dell Axim X50v". In my second order I decided to buy screen protectors {as I'm now finding myself occasionally touching the PDA screen with my fingers when in the car} an aluminium case and a RJ11 to DC cable to link the Bluetooth GPS receiver to my car kit.

I am in no way defending PDAMODS as I don't have enough experience with them, I am just posting on my own experience shopping with them, as this was appropriate on this current topic and thread. After all, we all need to see the big picture when it comes to choosing retailers to shop from good and bad. Don't forget that nej did get a refund for his non delivered item!
I have to admit that I had already placed and received my first purchase with them before I read the negative threads about PDAMODS.
As I said earlier I have had great service from them in more ways than one.
If you also want to know why I contacted their support team;
First time it was because I didn't receive the FREE speed camera database as stated on their site, they promptly send me the files by e-mail within around 12hrs actually, secondly I then contacted them again about 'how to and what with' to connect to my car mount and GPS receiver for recharging thru the serial input as I wasn't sure what type of cable was needed, again I got a reply and a link for the required item within 12 to 24hrs. I hope this helps anyone whose still sceptical about myself and my purchases with PDAMODS. Wink
Btw, I hope to stick around this site for tips etc on using my new device, but I usually find I don't need to post much on forums as my questions have probably already been covered Smile
So to recap, I have had a very speedy and reliable service from PDAMODS, but I always shop around so can't say for sure if I will use them again but for now I don't have any reason not to seriously consider them next time I'm looking. For me I am a very happy bunny.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the moral of this story is, in hindsight, that it is probably better that a new forum member refrains from posting in this area until they have a number of posts under their belt. To avoid 'misunderstandings' or abuse, it would be ideal if this could actually be prevented either by time a member, or number of posts.

While I do not wish to get into the argument as to whether the posts are genuine or not, this is certainly not the first post where it has 'crossed my mind' as to whether it MAY be odd.

To me, a company is best judged by how they deal with things when something goes wrong. For example I ordered some hardware from a company I had used many times before, with apparrently excelent service, but this time the order was so important, that I paid extra for a timed delivery.

I checked the website (of the delivery company) and it came up as 'delivery attempted - customer not in' which I knew to be incorrect - there wasn't even a contact card left. This non-delivery was even confirmed on the phone with the delivery company - who didn't want to know, even suggesting that I could have destroyed the card. So I tried to contact the supplier (after all my contract was with them) - they just didn't want to know either - truly appalling service.

Ironically there was a problem with the delivery company's web site, and the goods arrived about an hour later, but as a result of the companies customer services, there are now two companies I avoid using or recommending.

I also read reports in computer magazines (specific cases investigated before publication - so I can assume that they are genuine) and this company was well known for brilliance until things started to go wrong, when it became truly appalling.

While I have to be honest in that I am suspicious of posts in praise of companies by new posters, the same goes for those of complaint.
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that new forum members aren't really welcome on this site, maybe that's why many don't post back. All we seem to get is a cold welcome and discouragement on making any further posts at all.
We have to start somewhere. You've certainly put me off!!

Goodbye Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: