Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP IPaq 2210 Thoughts/Warnings?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP IPaq 2210 Thoughts/Warnings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
en7rha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: HP IPaq 2210 Thoughts/Warnings? Reply with quote

Right then. I've just got a good deal on a Bluetooth GPS reciever and TomTomNav2 software but I'm yet to buy a Bluetooth PDA to go with it all. I'd pretty well decided on an HP Ipaq 2210 until someone sent me a message saying that he's been having a lot of trouble with IPaq2210 based systems when compared to the rock solid IPaq3790 based systems.

Has anyone got any information that would help my decisison? I really like the small size of the 2210 but I want it to work with my new Emtac reciever. Because it's all software based surely there will be updates/patches for the software that will fix any problems. And I'm assuming most of the issues are Microsoft related (given that the 2210 runs Windows Mobile 2003 which is fairly new) - no change there then.

Any help/ideas/information?

Regards

Rhod
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: HP IPaq 2210 Thoughts/Warnings? Reply with quote

The 2210 works great with the Emtac receiver, it does depend which software you're going to use on the 2210. THere is a small set of software that isn't compatible, as the OS changes are quite vast behind the scenes which can cause some older software to hang, or not install. TomTom Navigator 2 does work well though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: