Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 PocketPC v5.21 and PalmPC v5.201 Updates Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 PocketPC v5.21 and PalmPC v5.201 Updates Released
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: TomTom 5 PocketPC v5.21 and PalmPC v5.201 Updates Released Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comThis is possibly one of the most anticipated updates for a while, last but by no means least, TomTom have today announced the release of the v5.21 update for PPC and the v5.201 update for PalmPC.

This update returns the number of available POI categories to the original 40 as it has done for the Mobile and GO platfoms and also adds other fixes including Windows Mobile 5 support.

The download for both PocketPC and PalmOS can be obtained here.
RobT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running this on an o2 XDA Exec (WM5) and to be honest the version number has been the only change I can notice, is there a full of the changes?

I'm one of the few who love TT5 over 3 (mainly for the smoother framerate) so i'm still happy but a little baffled with this patch Confused
Manchester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said to post issues in here.

Well I can't connect to my GPS Receiver, which you'd of thought would of been easy seeing as though it is a TomTom MkII Bluetooth Receiver Smile

Worked with my Ipaq 2490 via installing cab files instead of using Active Sync, but so far after loads of messing about with my settings to get it to work, all have failed.

Any help and advice appreciated.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two annoying changes that were introduced with the 5.12 Palm update are still present with 5.201 Rolling Eyes Hopefully it will stop my Treo from rebooting when switching back to a phone call 8O
RobT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having the screen rotated to landscape still seems to make it run like poo in 640x480, no idea why portrait runs SO much better
Manchester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore my previous post Smile sorry can't edit it otherwise i'd of written over it.

Massive improvements with TomTom Navigator 5.21 using WM5 to be honest. It seems as most newb's i was very hesitant in writing the above post. It seems that it just needed a little time to connect at the start, now its running like a dream.

All i do is switch on my bluetooth receiver, i don't bother pairing it or make it use the serial port. Just switch on, activate TomTom, leave it for a couple of seconds and bang i'm away :D

Class :D

As above, a list of changes would be nice just to see what has actually changed. From first glance i can't see much other than a much better connection and full signal in my house where i used to get 2-3 bars before.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester wrote:
As above, a list of changes would be nice just to see what has actually changed. From first glance i can't see much other than a much better connection and full signal in my house where i used to get 2-3 bars before.

I'm awaiting the changelog for this update and will publish once I have it.
RobT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had any problems with connection, even compared to my Wired Tomtom received on my old ipaq. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones Smile

Done a few laps of my estate, will try it out properly tomorrow morning on the way to work, there's a patch where i've noticed it always gets down to one bar signal.

Think i'll stick with landscape too, I just wish it was as smooth as portrait.

Anyone else using it with the EXEC?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobT wrote:
I never had any problems with connection, even compared to my Wired Tomtom received on my old ipaq. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones Smile

Done a few laps of my estate, will try it out properly tomorrow morning on the way to work, there's a patch where i've noticed it always gets down to one bar signal.

Think i'll stick with landscape too, I just wish it was as smooth as portrait.

Anyone else using it with the EXEC?

I am Smile
RobT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you finding it? do you get the massive difference in screen-redraw when it's in landscape?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobT wrote:
How are you finding it? do you get the massive difference in screen-redraw when it's in landscape?

I can see a difference and a noticeable 'repainting' of the screen from right to left but it's not making it unusable.

I'll raise it with TomTom.
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Error F797 with Palm install Reply with quote

I seem to be unable to install this over 5.12 on my T3. The installer runs, but after I HotSync the log shows

OK Install To Card
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (F794)

... and the version of TomTom on the Palm resolutely stays at 5.12.

Any suggestions?

Glenn.
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Error F797 with Palm install Reply with quote

Should have said, there's plenty of space (30Mb+) left on the SD card.

Glenn.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Error F797 with Palm install Reply with quote

proctog wrote:

Any suggestions?

Glenn.

Yes, you can always extract the files manually from the cab file and copy them over to the SD card (munich.bun, data.chk, and the two prc files)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Error F797 with Palm install Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

Yes, you can always extract the files manually from the cab file and copy them over to the SD card (munich.bun, data.chk, and the two prc files)

Thanks for the tip; actually I just tried downloading the .zip version (I was using the .exe before) from the TomTom site and installing from that, and all is well. I'm now happily running 5.2. Hooray!

Glenn.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: