Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - goodmans GNAV10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

goodmans GNAV10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lost-and-found
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: goodmans GNAV10 Reply with quote

Hi,
Like a few of the Forum members, I am new to sat nav's. I have bought a Goodmans GNAV10 with DestinAtor OP and NavTech maps. The maps seem out of date and do not use full post codes. Anyone know where I can get updates, or new maps for my system Confused ? No help from, Goodmans, DestinAtor or NavTech that I contacted recently 8O . Can maps from a different Sat Nav, i.e. TomTom be put onto SD card and used in my Goodmans Smile ?
Any help you can give me would be great.
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not yet found a way of updating mine. I've tried deleting the Destinator software from it and loading Tom Tom software, but either i'm not doing it right or it just won't have it!!!

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!
Narny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same boat.

I've found local places that are'nt on the map, and sliproads it does'nt know about. I too would like an updated map but have'nt a clue where to get them or go about it.

You mentioned you tried tomtom on it. Does it even load up? Or just not work at all?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you may have found out why the Goodman looks like such a good bargain. Poor software and out of date maps. I am no expert but would imagine that you will have a hard time changing either. I hope I am wrong and that one of the forum experts will tell you how.
lost-and-found
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: goodmans GNAV10 Reply with quote

Thanx for your replies.
Have tried with TomTom maps on both CD and SD cards but it did not recognize them. It seems so simple, take out SD card with old maps on it, put in different SD card with updated maps Rolling Eyes
So much that I know! Embarassed
If there are any experts out there that can advise us it would be very much appreciated Smile
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narny wrote:
You mentioned you tried tomtom on it. Does it even load up? Or just not work at all?

I can't get it to load ONTO the machine. Really is annoying, but not willing to give up yet!! I WILL get there....eventually!!!!!

** Update**

peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am wrong but I suspect what you are trying to do is the sat nav equivalent of loading Windows onto a Mac and expecting it to work.
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, what I have found is that the software (Destinator) is ok, the maps (Navtech) are pants!!

What I am trying to do is put Destinator PN onto the set instead of the restrictive Destinator OP. Whoever it is on Limewire that has it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me more than 1% per day so that I can try before I buy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

** Update**

lee67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have had my gnav10 for a few months...i,ve uploaded the speed cameras...got a nice speed cam icon on and also changed the wav file to say "warning gatso ahead"...overall i am extremely happy with mine..my friends have various other makes inc navman 520's...and even they agree mine works better...
lost-and-found
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: GNAV10 Reply with quote

The GNAV is the best looking unit on the market - neither looks like a old fasioned tv or a space invaders game, gives clear dirrections and has a nice display. What the problem is, is that there does not seem to be any way to update the maps. I have emailed Goodmans again, pointed out that they neednt have put an SD slot in unit if they were not going to provide regular map updates, so I will let you all know the answer when I receive it.
lost-and-found
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: goodmans Reply with quote

hi all,
just received reply from Godmans, sorry, mis-spelt, Goodmans:

Dear Sir,
there are no updates for this satnav ,the card provided contains the most up-to-date maps for the UK that we have ,if an update is needed we will let it be known on our website.

Thanks and B. Rgds

Goodmans Technical Helpline

So, unless anyone knows of another supplier of maps for the GNAV10, I think we are stuck with what we have.
lee67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the current software/maps on the gnav10 are up to date..mine has the new sections of the A1 on...updates will be available but come on give em a chance...keep checking the destinator website for updates

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: