Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio Europe problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio Europe problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Seidio Europe problems Reply with quote

If you can email me the pics, I'll pass them onto Seidio to show that their packing is inadequate.
dandpclements
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Seidio Europe problems Reply with quote

I finally got an RMA number after several emails to Seidio and filling in 2 RMA request forms.

However no indication on whether they would refund the return postage, given they shipped the wrong item.

I just wonder how long it will take to get the correct item!
wrxm33
Occasional Visitor

Hi Tim,

Our system shown that we had already sent you the RMA# and return instructions. In case you did not receive that email.

Your RMA# is R507-01

Return address is:

Seidio, Inc.

R507-01

10415 Westpark Dr., Suite B,

Houston, TX 77042,

USA

After we receive you package, we will credit back the total amount with the return package cost stated on your package to you credit card.

If you have any other question concerning your RMA, please feel free to contact RMA@seidio.com

Seidio, Inc

dandpclements
Occasional Visitor

I'm not impressed - ordered a standard multimedia mount - waited nearly 3 weeks for it and when it arrived its a long arm mount suitable for a pda with an expansion jacket.

I've now competed 2 RMA forms but still haven't received anything other than an automated response!
Zmurf
Occasional Visitor

Update on Seidio saga

As i posted on 5 August, I requested an RMA from Seidio so I could have the pleasure of sending the items back to the US [!], however more than a week later I am still awaiting a response.

I'm about to go on holiday for two weeks and in the meantime I'm still out of pocket to the tune of more than $200.

Tearing my hair out in frustration...

Tim
wrxm33
Occasional Visitor

Pocket Animal is Seidio's first Europe distributor. They provide good services.

Highly recommended!!!
Pocketanimal
Occasional Visitor

We have the best Seidio mounts in stock with next day delivery @ £5.

If anything is ever broken or damaged send it back for a replacement or refund.

Paul

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I mentioned the EU Distance Selling Directive earlier in the thread.

I've just dug up a helpful page on the Distance Selling Regulations that transpose this Directive into UK law. Take a look at the DTI site on this here. There's some good leaflets available there by clicking.

David
hollis_f
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by JimC on 08 August 2003

I recently bought an Arkon mount from Expansys and that arrived with a broken arm. Phoned them immediately and found their customer services almost impossible to deal with. Since I was going away on the day of arrival of the mount and they had rules about how soon a return had to be made I still have the faulty mount.

They may have rules, but unless those rules allow you to return defective goods up to six months after purchase then they're illegal rules.

There was a change in the law earlier this year. It is now up to the retailer to prove that the goods were not defective when you got them. If you have records of dates of phone calls etc then I'd get back to them.

A mention of Manchester City Council's rather good consumer protection and trading standards Web site hereseems to make them a lot more helpful.
JimC
Occasional Visitor

I recently bought an Arkon mount from Expansys and that arrived with a broken arm. Phoned them immediately and found their customer services almost impossible to deal with. Since I was going away on the day of arrival of the mount and they had rules about how soon a return had to be made I still have the faulty mount.
Zmurf
Occasional Visitor

I have no comment about the quality of Seidio products as my order has yet to arrive, but I am NOT impressed with Seidio's purported European outlet. The shipping costs are very high compared to a UK company such as Global Positioning Systems and on a $157 order came to a staggering additional $49.95. Yes, 32%.

I placed my order two days ago and yesterday noticed the Powered Mount was being offered as a bundle that included items I had ordered, plus others, and at a price of $28 less. And the lower price would mean $10 less shipping.

You can monitor the website to see when your goods are dispatched--it still says mine haven't gone yet--and in theory you can change the order, however I can't change mine.

Emails to the company are acknowledged with a standard response of "Due to the high volume of e-mails received daily, please expect a response within 24 to 72 hours," and the only contact telephone number is the US.

So I spent 12 minutes on a transatlantic phone call, and yes, there's no European number to call. Yes, the goods still haven't gone, and no, I can't change the order, and no, we won't refund any of the difference.

So would I recommend them?
BigBadAd
Occasional Visitor

I just posted this as a reply to the main advert on the news page:

I have been reading your website for quite some time and found you all to be a knowledgeable bunch. I had a butchers at seidio and ordered the iPaq car mount kit and they shipped it from Spain.

They shipped it in a padded envelope and a very flimsy (read inadequate) cardboard box. Consequently the main mount is broken.

I'll take a few pics and post them for others to see. I'm not impressed at all.
Zmurf
Occasional Visitor

My order placed Wed 23 July arrived by recorded post Thu 31 July. Unfortunately there were some problems with the products delivered

- the cradle to PDA USB power cable is inoperative

- the battery in the expansion jacket isn't charging

- gooseneck mount is too flexible

Despite being the same manufacturer (HR Design) as the TomTom gooseneck, the 14-in mount one from Seidio is vastly more flexible. It has to be supported by the dash and snakes from side to side when going round corners.

I reported these problems on Thu 31 July and asked for replacement cable and battery. After several unanswered emails, I finally received a response yesterday (sent midnight the previous Friday), saying that I should apply for a returns number and to then return the complete order to AMERICA.

I have applied for an RMA and have been told I should receive a confirmation within 2-3 business days. And that once the goods are received by them it will take 7-14 business days to process.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've spoken with my contacts at Seidio and they do apologise for causing any inconvenience and delay. Seidio have received a large amount of orders that they are trying to fulfill through the Spain distribution centre. Packages are sent via certified mail (Spain USPS) and should take at best 3-5 working days to arrive when the initial backlog has been reduced.
DavidM
Regular Visitor

woot - order arrived - damn ... ... ... bits missing - so mount cant be used at the moment - I imay as well have ordered via a friend in the US and she would have shipped it on to me - would have been faster too

DavidM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: