Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - using tomtom plus with hp 4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

using tomtom plus with hp 4700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marmar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: using tomtom plus with hp 4700 Reply with quote

i have just bought a 4700 with tomtom 5 and a think navi gps cradle, i cant seem to get the plus services to connect through my phone, i have both a nokia 6310i and a nokia 3230, both of which are bluetooth enabled and have access to gprs. does anybody have any ideas?
thanks
marmar Sad
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention which network, or wether you have the GPRS service enabled by you network. If you are on 3 forget it. They insulate their network from any external source such as TomTom. Another test is does it work while in the cradle whenplugged into your PC?
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a program called BTPhoneManger under Start/Settings/Connections? If you have GPRS enabled this program will automatically configure the dial up settings for you. It also logs your data usage too.

I have set a hardware button so that on the first press this program runs, then TomTom starts on a prolonged press of the same button.

Hope this helps.
marmar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Fixed! Reply with quote

hi, both phones are gprs enabled and have access, 6310i on vodaphone and 3230 on orange, I've paird the 6310i with the ipaq now and can get traffic and weather when in my cradle, the big test will be trawling home tonight. BT Phonemanager doesn't list any of my phones but thanks for the help everyone. much appreciated. Smile
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nokia 6230 wasn't listed in BTphonemanager either, but it selected Nokia 6680 on detection and the setup for O2 just went from there.

I did have O2 manually configured but now I use the BTPM settings as logs the data usage on each connection.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: