Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Smart Bluetooth and TT2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Smart Bluetooth and TT2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markcullens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS Smart Bluetooth and TT2 Reply with quote

I've installed the Tomtom2 software on my Ipaq 4550 with 95mb map GB Map on a 128mb SD card. Turned on the bluetooth on both devices but just keep getting a gps unreliable. I've tried setting the gps reciever in TT to sirf bluetooth.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

markcullens@yahoo.com
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPS Smart Bluetooth and TT2 Reply with quote

By default, I'd expect your GPS to be talking NMEA, not SiRF (even though it uses a SiRF chipset).

Try an NMEA driver. So far as I can tell, you should use 38400bps - but I'm going from documentation, not first hand knowledge. Maybe there's an obvious option to choose for this GPS - I haven't got a Pocket PC to hand right now to check.

David
hollis_f
Regular Visitor

Have you paired (bonded) the GPS and the iPAQ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You certainly need to make sure the units are bonded together, but the most import part is making sure you connect from the iPAQ under the BT Manager and connect using serial port. If you don't match the serial port up with the BT device, then you will have issues connecting.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Mark,

You should be using a NMEA setting. You cannot set the SiRF mode on the GPSmart using the Bluetooth interface which is what TomTom will be trying to do.

Your best bet is to use the settings for Emtac Wireless GPS or if you are using the 2.05 drivers there is an option "NMEA 0183x2 Bluetooth" which should also work.

You should also select Com8 as the port.

This should get you up and running.
markcullens
Occasional Visitor

Thanks all . Mike the driver and port change did the trick. Most grateful I was getting might hacked off!! Now I can play with my new toy.

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: