Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trading Standards ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading Standards ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Trading Standards ? Reply with quote

Has anyone been onto trading standards re the non-delivery of the live traffic functionality in CoPilot 5 or am I going to have to do it ? Where's that Ponderous bloke when you need him ?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, jdw7.

For the past few weeks I have been using TomTom, first of all TT 3 and now TT 5, having all but given up on Copilot. From that experience, I can tell you that I certainly hope that ALK have got things sorted out with Copilot 6. As I have suggested several times, they need to very little more than get CP 5 working as first intended to leave TomTom in the shade as far as performance is concerned.

Having said this, I am not holding out great hope. Furthermore, there's more to this story than how well the product works. As others, including you, have already pointed out, there is the question of whether CP 5 users are going to get the product they were led to expect, and at no further expense.

As Alix776 has pointed out, the cost of bringing a legal suit would be prohibitive and, for the sake of a few tenners, users can buy an alternative product.

Personally, I shall just carry on with TomTom if I don't get a decent version of Copilot. However, for those who want to put in the time, a collective approach to Trading standards might help if it turns out that CP 5 users are being left high and dry. It may well be the case. For one thing, it seems that CP 6 is not going to run in pre-2003 versions of Pocket Windows, so for many existing users to get Traffic there needs to be a CP 5 upgrade - if it remains the case that CP 6 is not being offered free to CP 5 licensees.

Personally, I am hoping that ALK will have thought about its reputation and, even if for no other reason, will look after its previous purchasers.

ALK also needs to do something about gaining new customers. The sheer difference in volume between the Copilot and TomTom forum illustrates that very clearly. It also needs to hold onto its customers, new and old, and if if CP 6 is anything like CP 5, then there is not much chance of that.

As has been said so many times before, ALK need to spell out what they are going to do for CP 5 users. What has changed is that there is no time left: they must do it NOW.
kmhphoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:

As has been said so many times before, ALK need to spell out what they are going to do for CP 5 users. What has changed is that there is no time left: they must do it NOW.

ALK have been very clear to the current users of CP5 - Hand over at least £50.00 for the upgrade.
As a reasonably satisfied customer I will probably fork out for the upgrade along with extra USA maps. I started with CP5, bought TT5 and Navigon MN5 and ALK still have - for me - the better product. What has become clear to me is that NONE of these companies care about after sales service. I have written to Naxigon repeatedly about their products insane routings but have not received an answer. Same with Tom Tom. They will of course answer their premium rate support lines!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: