Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimBe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 2 Reply with quote

Do you know if the TomTom Bluetooth is compatible as well
sorg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 2 Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the advice there was something indeed happening with the CF card and old installed maps (not visible though but according to free memory should still be there). Removed the CF, Installed the map in main to check with the least possible error possibilities and it seems to work ok now.

thanks for the tips.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Sorg,

Have you created any POI graphics or used any POI graphics downloaded from anywhere? I had a similar issue with the TTN2.24 and 2003 after many hours I determined that it was due to some POI graphic files I had created which were not compatible.

You can try this out by either copying all your .bmp files out of the map directory, or deleting your map directory completely and re-installing the maps.

You can then add your POIs back one at a time until you find out which one is causing the problem.

Checkout this message thread for more information.
bonze
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by sorg on 27 August 2003

Now after some installation trials of ttn2.24 my programs window is full of like 10 ttn2 icons, of which none is working.

I also had a few TTN icons in the 'Programs' Window after initial installation. I couldn't decide which was the real one so removed them all.

They are all shortcuts in Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

Then created a new shortcut from Program Files\Navigator
bonze
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by dmac on 27 August 2003

Seems to insist on the need for a BT signal before running in my experience.

Find this a bit annoying especially if your are just wanting to play with it at home.

It usually works if you click on Cancel in the Bluetooth Browser window. TTN2 will then start, but says the GPS in unreliable

Using TTN2 & BT for real sometimes doesn't start though.

Still haven't sussed the correct combination of button presses. Does BT have to be started first??
dmac
Regular Visitor

Seems to insist on the need for a BT signal before running in my experience.

Find this a bit annoying especially if your are just wanting to play with it at home.
sorg
Occasional Visitor

To me the whole thing fails bigtime. Had a 3950/ppc2002 emtac gps jaq with ttn2.24 working great. Untill my ipaq had to be replaced with a 5500 one with ppc 2003.

Now after some installation trials of ttn2.24 my programs window is full of like 10 ttn2 icons, of which none is working.

ttn2 doesn't do anything.

the gps-status prog also doesn't start ...

If anybody knows an answer to this I would be really pleased.

(under oziexplorer the gps does work so nothing to do with that.)

But simply cannot get ttn running
Francois
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Dave.

What I'll do is get the 2003 upgrade (and keep it in my drawer), not install it until I really see the need (future compatibility issues with new programmes etc). As TTN2 works satisfactorily with 2002 version despite a couple of small issues (slow SD card information extraction, etc), I can live with it for now.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

If you're purchasing a new Pocket PC, then yes it will use up another activation. I'm not sure how the upgrading to PPC2003 will affect activations. In theory I'd say it shouldn't, but don't pelt me with rotten fruit if it does as I haven't tried it.
Francois
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments. However, if I have to reinstall all my softwares including TT2, will I use up my second activation (within 6 months) or will TT2 be able to read that it's actually the same pocket pc and therefore not use up the second activation?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Francois, I mean that it doesn't start locking up like other programs that I've mentioned here in the past few days.

The aditional advantages reall are processor speeds. Windows Mobile 2003 is *supposed* to be optimised better with 400Mhz processors, certainly comparing speeds to my old 3800 series iPAQ's, TomTom flies. Especially when zooming in and out on the main map.
Francois
Occasional Visitor

What do you exactly mean by TTN2 works flawlessly with version 2003?

TTN2 works well in Windows 2002 except that it takes a very long time to select addresses (origin + destination) and in processing the itinerary. Other than that, version 2002 seems fine to me.

What are the additional advantages you found on TTN2 using Windows 2003?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

No, the only version I've tested is v2.24 and GPS v2.06 which has added support for 2003.

I'm making the assumption that everyone will be running the latest versions. I haven't got time to go back and test all the previous versions. If people do have problems, we'll certainly suggest people try 2.24 or above.

I will test Destinator 2, probably in the next couple of days and will report back.
StuBFrost
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

Are you saying that all versions of TomTom Navigator 2 work flawlessly. If so then why does V2.24 have "Added support for PocketPC 2003". If not, then maybe it should be stated that only the latest version works.

Also, any idea if Destinator UK works ok ?.

Thanks

Stuart
Dave
Frequent Visitor

It's on the test list, I'll check this out tomorrow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: