Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC data changes likely for those of us in the UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC data changes likely for those of us in the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetley202
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: TMC data changes likely for those of us in the UK Reply with quote

I have just recieved the following response from Navigon to a request for information about when TMC will be avialable in the UK for anyone who wants to upgrade form 4.2 which I have been very pleased with since getting one of the first units in the UK and now want to update maps, and avoid the issues many have reported with version 5 especially the lack of TMS data.

Quote:
Our TMC modul only receives tollfree traffic information. Everything that is not tollfree, will not be received by the modul. In the UK the provider of this TMC signals is about to change the amount of signals and the tolls for it. We assume that there will be only tollfree signals for the motorways in the near future in the UK. At this point we have not been given any further information from the UK TMC provider.

so it looks as though the benefits of TMC those of us with 4.2 have enjoyed is likely to be coming to an end. How frustrating Crying or Very sad
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got any further updates on this?

Chris
dio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetley

The response you quoted is the same one I received a month ago from Navigon when I was questioning the way their TMC software works (or not!), seems like a standard word for word response to any question you put to them. I've not heard anything since.

This was my post and details of response:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19576
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on Trafficmaster.co.uk..... might help explain whats happerning with Navigon at least.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=156288#156288

Terran

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: