Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman GPS question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman GPS question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pamaine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman GPS question Reply with quote

I just received my Palm m125 and Navman GPS units so I'm very new at this. After loading the maps and other software I chose a trip map for testing. The Palm unit continues to shut down during use and the Navman has never found itself (or me).

The unit uses a power converter for the cigarette lighter and connects to the GPS unit which is mounted on windshield.

There is probalby a reasonable explaination for this but I would love it if someone would point me to it sooner than it will take me to locate it on my own. Please.

trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman GPS question Reply with quote

I think if the software can't see the GPS, it doesn't reset the Palm power-off timer. That's certainly how our software does it. There's a Palm debug instruction you can give that will disable auto power-off altogether, but that's not curing the basic problem.

First make sure that the GPS configuration is correct in the software, and if you're in any doubt download the 'GPS info' application from Navman's web site. This shows exactly what is coming off the GPS receiver so you can see what's going on.

Keep in mind that unless something major has changed in the last few months, the GPS500 takes its power off the m125 battery, so there's no point plugging it into the car lighter socket. That is there for if you have an m130, m500 series or similar that has a rechargeable battery. If you have one of these units with a charging circuit, the car lighter cable will pass power through the GPS500 to the PDA, which will then pass it back to the GPS500 - it won't run the GPS500 directly. I don't know why they did it like that, but they did. Check out their site to see if it's changed. www.navman-mobile.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: