Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2.24 / GPS 2.06 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2.24 / GPS 2.06 released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2.24 / GPS 2.06 released Reply with quote

The larger icons you mention came along in 2.22 as well.

Even so - your comments are still valid. Anyone else who missed out on 2.22 will probably find something worthwhile in 2.24 - there were several good improvements in that version.

I've never had upgrade notification from TomTom - even though, like you, I'm registered for updates. Keeping watching this site seems to be a good plan!

David
bonze
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2.24 / GPS 2.06 released Reply with quote

OK ignore my previous ramblings.....

I managed to mess up the voices (manually copying & deleting), and decided to uninstall completely and start again.

I removed the voices and deleted the directories.

Then tried just installing the optional voice.

Ran TTN2 and it was happy.

Now I'm more confused.

Think I'll leave things alone for a while.
bonze
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by bonze on 07 August 2003

I now seem to have two directories on my storage card.

'TomTom Navigator Voice'   and

'TomTom Navigator English voice'

hence my confusion.

Replying to my own post....

The first directory 'TTN Voice' is created by the optional download.

The second directory 'TTN English' is created by the CDrom installation.

As I wanted to use TTN Voice, I uninstalled TTN English.

Navigator then told me I had no voice installed and wouldn't 'speak' to me. So I re-installed it.

It looks as though the alternate voices have to be installed and then copied manually to the main Voice directory, to overwrite them.
bonze
Occasional Visitor

The main app is installed to the main memory.

The GB map & voices installed on the storage card.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

On your storage card? Is the app installed to main memory or storage card?
bonze
Occasional Visitor

I now seem to have two directories on my storage card.

'TomTom Navigator Voice'   and

'TomTom Navigator English voice'

hence my confusion.

Looks like all the downloads replace the first directory, not sure where the second came from.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

The installer should overwrite the default voice files. To restore the defaults run Navigator set-up again.
bonze
Occasional Visitor

Where should the voices go?

At the moment I have the an alternate set in another directory alongside the installed voices.

Is there a configure option somewhere, or does the directory have to be renamed?

thanks.....
sk1ds
Occasional Visitor

Doh !! - thanks Ian, it was staring me in the face and I couldn't see it !

Cheers
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

sk1ds

the link is here:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/platform/extra_info.php?ID=31&Language=1&Extra_Page=20

cheers

Ian
sk1ds
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have been reading these Forums for a while, and finally

got round to registering.

Quote: Originally posted by Cessquill on 08 July 2003

There are now some alternate UK English Voice prompts to download too. How long have they been there? (checked a few weeks ago).

Where can I find these altenrative voice prompts that you mention Cessquill ? Couldn't see anything on the TomTom site.

Thanks

Francois
Occasional Visitor

I apologise for having posted the same question. Remarks accepted.

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

You've posted the same set of questions twice. I've just replied fully to your issues in the thread you started about these issues.

I think it would be helpful to keep discussion about your issues in one place, and I suggest the other thread as they are turn out to have little to do with the latest version of Navigator.

David
Francois
Occasional Visitor

I have also downloaded the GPS 2.06 (got an error message but seems that it downloaded successfully - will see when I try the system this weekend) and version 2.24. Don't see much differences as I am using IPAQ 3950 and have encountered some problems :

I have recently bought a 256MB SD card that I had installed into the IPAQ 3950 and downloaded the whole Tomtom French map into the SD card (takes up 215 MB). The GPS system works great but there is a problem with processing information : the system seems to stall (at least it takes forever) when I type in the place of origin and destination. The system seems to crash or unable to process the command. I have to wait for minutes for it to react. I'm not sure if I have explained myself correctly but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Second issue : My IPAQ seems to take forever as well to delete programs that I have installed (whether in the SD card or in the hard drive). The windows explorer stalls and I have to reset the IPAQ each time in order to successfully delete the files. I don't think it's normal. Anyone also had this experience?

Thank you.

Cessquill
Regular Visitor

There are now some alternate UK English Voice prompts to download too. How long have they been there? (checked a few weeks ago). That's pleased me since, although bug fixes are good upgrades the kid in me still wants to play with something.

Not really understanding much about SiRF - is it something that I would benefit from setting, can I set my Emtac BT unit, and will it reset when the batteries die (car charger in boot, so always discharges overnight - not a good option, but haven't gotten around to supplying it with a permanent line yet, and can't be bothered to switch it on/off every time)?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: