Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Out of memory. SmartST Prof. typically requires 6MB...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Out of memory. SmartST Prof. typically requires 6MB...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: "Out of memory. SmartST Prof. typically requires 6MB... Reply with quote

I have an iPaq 3970 running Pocket PC 2002. I bought SmartST Prof. in January 2003 and have used it extensively and most satisfactorily since.

However, a week or so ago, when starting it I got the message: "Out of memory. SmartST Prof. typically requires 6MB of program memory etc...". I deleted several other applications and even did a cold reset thereby resetting the machine to the original factory settings. The first application I reinstalled was SmartST but to my dismay I received the same message. I have even tried reinstalling the software to the iPaq File Store instead of Main Memory but I received the same error message.

The few maps I have are installed in the SD card. When attempting to start the application it makes no difference if the sleeve is attached or not, I still get the error message. Currently I have 20MB of free Storage memory, 22MB of free Program memory, 36MB free on the Storage card and 13MB free in the iPaq File Store - much more than SmartST apparently needs. Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks in advance, Brian Thomas
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have posted the solution here before but better late than never. Here is the email I received from Navman which did the trick:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for the mail. As a last resort, logon to HPs website: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5721.html and update the drivers on your Ipaq.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
Abdou Njie"

Naturally I had to reinstall everything from scratch but it worked! :-)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked but odd that an update that you have never applied before fixes an issue that you had not previously suffered from!

Last edited by Darren on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.. I can only surmise that something I installed at some stage prior to the message first appearing provoked whatever it was, if you see what I mean. Anyway, maybe it will help someone else one day ;-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: