Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Seidio Mount
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esassaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two of these and am happy with the unit, but BEWARE of the suction cup mount, both of them failed in the same way within a few months. The rubber of the suction cub slowly but surely gets loose in time and will eventually rip right out of the mount, causing a catastrophic crash to the ground of your mount+PDA+GPS. Ouch! Luckily I escaped any damage, not even a scratch by some miracle, in both cases. In addition the opposite, non-suction cup end of the mount is not made with strong plastic since on one of them the little plastic piece that the neck is mounted into broke loose. If you bought one of these, DON'T just grab the PDA mount to bend the arm - remove the whole assembly from the window and grab the neck only to bend it then remount on the window to test the positioning. Repeat as needed. I had to kludge mine back together with some epoxy, which worked, but sheesh! All in all the suction cup holders are a disaster, but the powered mount itself is really great. But since the mount can't be used if the suction cup is broken, the entire unit has to get a big thumbs down from me, unless you go with another mount type.
Erick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my ipaq 2215 mounted on Seidio's G2500 w/ the swivel mount attached to ProclipUSA's dashmount. Essasaman, I totally agree with you w/ the suction cup-- after time, the suction cup's stretches from the base and no long able to hold on to the glass surface. The vent mount is great, but for temporary use, as it limits the use of the vents- since you cannot move the vent's directional slats while using the vent mounts. What i did then is used zipties to attached the provided swivel mount to the Proclip base. Works great!, clean looks! Its also great that the G2500 can simultaneously charge the BT receiver if needed. Too bad the black color version wasn't available when i bought this Crying or Very sad I would've preferred that over the silver types (Seidio- care to trade mine?) Also would have love it if Seidio provided a noncoil type powercables.

Overall I like the G2500 for its ease of use!

erick
sam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: I will never Deal with Seidio again EVER Reply with quote

If you read the following series of e.mails and reply you will never deal with this company ever!!!

Dear Sir/Madam

This is the worst service I've ever incounter in my whole life. It seems I've wasted months of my time and loads of siper space for nothing. I should have never bought your item in the first place. and believe me I'll make sure many many people dont buy any in the future.

Dr Sam Azzam

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:17:55 (GMT)

I am still waiting for a responce!!!!

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:19:13 (GMT)

Dear Sir/Madam

when I've sent you my e.mails ..weeks ago , the I noticed that the
price has drped at your web site to 59.95 !!! where you waiting for the price to increase again!! is that why no one was replying to my e.mails!!! please explain!!
Looking forward to hear from you soon
Yours
Dr.Azzam

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:06:33 +0100

Dear Sir,

The price of the G2100S is $79.95 (VAT included). If you are interested in the G2100S we have to charge you the difference. Please confirm.

>Best regadrs,

>Seidio-Europe RMA Dept.

>----- Original Message -----
>From: <HA@doctors.org.uk>
>To: <rma@seidio-europe.com>
>Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:42 PM
>Subject: Re: FWD: Re: Seidio Multi-function Charger Mount FOR xdaII

>I am really disapointed with this silence policy!!at least some one should have the curtisy to reply to my e.maqils ..it has been very very long
time..this is discusting treatment for your customers...

Dr Azzam

>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
>From: <HA@doctors.org.uk>
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:21:19 (GMT)

Dear Sir/Madam,

It has been almost 2 weeks since I've sent yopu my last e.mail with no
responce from you what so ever!! I am still waiting to hear from you. If the eason for the delay is due to the un availability of the Seidio G2500!! then please just send me the G2100S Car Kit for XDAII. I noticed that the price has drped at your web site to 59.95 which what I paied for my
Multi-function Charger Mount. Therefor, and as per our previous e.mails I will not be charged for the replacment!
Looking forward to hear from you soon. I would be graeful if you send the mount to the address below.Thanks again

Yours

Dr. Azzam

>>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:02:01 (GMT)

Dear Sir Madam,

Further to my ealier e-mail. You have written in your e-mail the following "The pedestals are the same as the old mount except the Console Windshield Attachment, so we would ship the new cradle and the Console Windshield Attachment but not the other pedestals." .
What are the the OTHER PEDESTALS that you will not ship..
Thank you again

Yours
Dr Azzam

>>--------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:06:43 +0100

Dear Sir,

The cradle is totally different from the old one. The new price includes VAT. The price that we can offer you for the cradle of G2100S or cradle of
G2500 is the difference between what you paid and the new price :
- For G2100S: ($68.92 - $59.95) + VAT (16%) = $10.41
- For G2500: ($126.68 - $59.95) + VAT (16%) = $77.41
The pedestals are the same as the old mount except the Console Windshield Attachment, so we would ship the new cradle and the Console Windshield Attachment but not the other pedestals.
We donآ´t have G2500 cradle for XDA II yet but we are going to have it soon.

Best regards,
Seidio-Europe RMA Dept.

>>>----- Original Message -----
To: <rma@seidio-europe.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 5:11 PM
ubject: Re: Seidio Multi-function Charger Mount FOR xdaII

>>>> ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:17:03 (GMT)

Dear Sir?madam,

I am still waiting for your reply

Yours

Dr Azam

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:07:49 (GMT)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e.mail.
I see that your prices have increased alot(from $59 to 79.99 for Seidio G2100S Car Kit -with no speaker- and $146.95 for the Seidio G2500 GPS Car Kit !!!!!)!!!
- So for how much you would sell G2100S for me including the P&P.
- How long is the warranty on this item.. One of the main problems I had with the Multi-function Mount( when it works)is equing of voice when using the hans free phone, is this still aproblem with the G2500.
Looking forward to hear from you asap.
Thanks again
Yours Dr H Azzam

Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:55:38 +0100

Dear Sir,

We can offer you to send you a new charging cable for XDA II (the cable between the PDA and mount), although we also would like to inform you that the product has 6 months warranty The mount (Multi-function Powered Mount) is discontinued and we donآ´t have that type of cradle anymore. We have a new cradle for XDA II (G2100S mount) and we are going to have another one soon (G2500 mount) . We can offer you this one at a special price. Plesae, check our web site.
Please let us know what you prefer.
Best regards,

Seidio-Europe RMA Dept.

----- Original Message -----

To: <service@seidio-europe.com>

Cc: <rma@seidio-europe.com>

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 8:46 PM

Subject: Re: Seidio Multi-function Charger Mount FOR xdaII

--------- Original Message ----------------------------------

From: "Seidio-Europe Service" <service@seidio-europe.com>

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:53:33 +0100

Dear Sir,
Please fill out the RMA Application (attached9 and send it to
rma@seidio-europe.com.
We will process your RMA once we receive your application.
We are very sorry for the problem,
Best regards,
SEIDIO-EUROPE
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem!

Notwithstanding the above sorry tale, I've already got one of these (the old original mulitmedia mount), currently being used with a Compaq IPAQ 3850 and Navman sleeve.

My question is this:
I'm looking to upgrade to a newer PPC - a Dell X50v or a Loox 720, but one thing I notice on reviews of these is that the USB sync/charge cable doesn't charge the PPC when the PPC is turned on - and as the Seidio Mount uses a USB cable to charge, I wonder if my original intention of buying the relevent sync/charge USB cable that connects from the Seidio to the PPC will actually charge? Does the mount give enough power, or does it act as a PC's USB port and not give sufficient power when the PPC is turned on?

Obviously to use as a GPS I need to be able to continuously power the PPC...

Anyone use one of these old mounts with a DELL Axim X50V or Fujitsu Loox 720?
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Bennett wrote:
Ahem!

Notwithstanding the above sorry tale, I've already got one of these (the old original mulitmedia mount), currently being used with a Compaq IPAQ 3850 and Navman sleeve.

My question is this:
I'm looking to upgrade to a newer PPC - a Dell X50v or a Loox 720, but one thing I notice on reviews of these is that the USB sync/charge cable doesn't charge the PPC when the PPC is turned on - and as the Seidio Mount uses a USB cable to charge, I wonder if my original intention of buying the relevent sync/charge USB cable that connects from the Seidio to the PPC will actually charge? Does the mount give enough power, or does it act as a PC's USB port and not give sufficient power when the PPC is turned on?

Obviously to use as a GPS I need to be able to continuously power the PPC...

Anyone use one of these old mounts with a DELL Axim X50V or Fujitsu Loox 720?

Hi Mark,

We don't currently support the Loox, but we do have a 2500 mount for the X50x series. If you are in the car, the answer is yes, you can definitely supply power to both your GPS device and your Dell at the same time without worrying about power outages; with the use of our car charger, this is not an issue. I'm not sure what you are referring to as far as the USB questions are concerned. As a side note, we are very close to releasing a car cradle that contains an integrated SiRF III GPS chipset. The bottom line is less connections to make, less wires to worry about, better overall integration. The Dell X50x product should be ready within a month or so. If your desire is to get on the road immediately with something like our GPS In The Box solutions, then powering your proposed device(s) will not be a problem. I'm sorry for the delay in addressing your questions - time lag between question and answer will be a lot shorter from here on.
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply :D

I think you may have misunderstood part of my question though.
I'm using your original "Powered mount" that has a built-in speaker (needed in a convertible car!), and which supplies power to the Pocket PC via a USB cable. When I ordered it I had to specify the Pocket PC I was using, so that the correct cable would be supplied.

I would like to use this mount with the new PPC (I've now ordered a Dell X50v), but of course the connector cable will not fit the new PPC. Unfortunately you no longer make the mount I'm using, so the cables don't appear to be available from you either Sad

So I was thinking I can use any sync-and-charge USB cable that fits the Dell... However it appears that many people have had problems using their Dell X50v whilst it is charging from a PC using a Sync-and-charge cable, as it want's to draw too much power from the USB port. This may not be an issue though with your mount as it presumably just passes the full output from the accessory socket of the car through the USB port on the mount?

Thanks for the info on the upcoming mount - sounds interesting, but I'd obviously like to be able to use the one I already have 8)
seidioseidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Bennett wrote:
Thanks for the reply :D

So I was thinking I can use any sync-and-charge USB cable that fits the Dell... However it appears that many people have had problems using their Dell X50v whilst it is charging from a PC using a Sync-and-charge cable, as it want's to draw too much power from the USB port. This may not be an issue though with your mount as it presumably just passes the full output from the accessory socket of the car through the USB port on the mount?

Thanks for the info on the upcoming mount - sounds interesting, but I'd obviously like to be able to use the one I already have 8)

I can appreciate wanting to use what you already own =- helps to keep operating costs down :D Yes, your assumption is correct. Powering a car cradle via USB to car charger will indeed supply enough continuous power for both GPS and device. In this scenario, you aren't dealing with the PC's "trickle charge", but an actual direct electrical charge from your car battery. Hope this helps.
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - Thanks for that :D

Much appreciated 8)
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Seidio Power Cable Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I'm looking to buy a new Dell Axim X51v and would have the same problem as yourself. I have a Dell Axim X5 with the old Seidio power mount and it all works great. But like your problem my X5 has a different power connecter to the X51v. I to had thought about a sync-and-charge.

Can you tell me if you bought one, did it work as planned and if so where did you buy it from.

Thanks

Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chorlie,

I'm afraid I have not yet got around to doing this (must do so...)

I'll reply when I do 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: