Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is there any chance ....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any chance ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Is there any chance .... Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been covered before, I have a iPAQ 3970 and the Navman 3450, I have upgraded the Navman from 1.91.0041 to 1.91.0041 from what I see in this first week the routing is pretty good but still wants to take me off the motorway at regular intervals.

My question is this, is it possible Navman will be able to include the feature of selectable intermediate points points between the departure and destination address ?

Autoroute on the PC seems good for planning a route with a little more choice of which towns etc to include in the route, each time one is added the route is updated to show the amendment. It would be good if a planned route could be downloaded to the iPAQ.

I know individual towns on the way can be selected but it is sometimes inconvenient to have to type in the name of the next town when arriving at another town. Sometimes on the Navman the choice of shortest or fastest is a little bit to broad, it would be good to be able to list up the entire route together with any particular visits you want to make before departure rather than having to stop now and again to type in or go to favourites menu to get to the destintion
sfi1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Is there any chance .... Reply with quote

I also am getting very fed up with the routing that takes you off motorways & back on again. I've done my own tests and planned routes from A to B using the map screen (no gps). The route chosen looks fine, but when you drive them it deviates from this route particularly at motorway junctions. It would appear that some recalculation takes place (although if you follow the route exactly i don't see why it should). As someone else mentioned elsewhere in the forum it seems to happen at junctions where roads pass above or below the road you are on. If i remember rightly he suggested that sometimes the gps fix is to the side of the road and that may have an effect, but on the occasions that i have seen this problem the gps fix has been OK.

The times when i have noticed it most are when the road that you are travelling on either rises or falls at the junction and the exit has less of a gradient. Could the height information (gps receiver or maps) cause it by taking the road with less gradient. I know it's a long shot !

splitting the journey with various destinations along the way stored as favourites is always a good idea (if a bit of a pain) but the strange routing can effect even small journeys so i don't think it will get around the motorway junction problem.

If you ever try the navman in europe you'll experience this a lot.

I agree the routes calculated in autoroute or mappoint seem much better but so does the navman without the gps fix.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: