Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Yakumo Delta X and TomTom 5 shuts down?????????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Yakumo Delta X and TomTom 5 shuts down?????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtomuser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Yakumo Delta X and TomTom 5 shuts down????????? Reply with quote

Hi all, hope that someone can help, i recently purchased a Yakumo Delta X gps / PDA, which i am very happy with, tomtom works well with this unit and the signal strength from the satalites is very good, all was well untill the other day when i took the kids to westmailands safari park, about half way there TomTom shut itself down and went back to the desktop screen, i had to pull over and do a soft reset to to get TomTom running again, all seemed well for the rest of the journey there, on the way back this happened again three times, and again i had to do a soft reset each time.

I have had the Yakumo for a bout a month been on some long trips with it the above is the first time that this has happened, I am using a twinmos x66 speed 1GB SD card and TomTom V 5, what could be the problem, the unit, the SD card, or TomTom?
2020iMAN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Yakumo Delta X and TomTom 5 shuts down????????? Reply with quote

Also a newbie to the satnav game. I had the same fault with qtek 2020i and was advised to download the update from tomtom site V5.1. Free download and one week on, still keeping my fingers crossed, but have had no troubles.
joshua197
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I user a DeltaX also with TomTom 5.1, although the problem is not limited to that hardware. There seems to be a problem with the Places of Interest (POI) database file (POI.DAT) This will be on your SD card in the folder storing your map data (Great-Britain possibly).

If you have enable the standard POIs (Golf etc.) that are stored in this file, TomTom crashes. You can safely delete this file (or move it to another folder on your SD card) and the problem will disappear.

What about POIs though. Take a look on these forums at the POIsync discussion - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=3 for an alternate way of using POIs. Everytime I connect my Pocket PC now, it is updated with the latest changes to the POI databases I have selected.

And no crashes Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: