Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go Latest Maps Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go Latest Maps Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeeMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Latest Maps Help Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

What an excellent site.

Could i please ask i have the original Tom Tom Go and have now takin a job as a Coach Driver and i am needing to get the latest,newest up to date maps for this wee machine??

Where can i get them apart from ordering from Tom Tom online??

What version is the original??

What version are the latest maps??

Thanks for any help in advance

Truly appreciated

Mark...
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest Great Britain map is v562 or similar, the original Classic was v314 or v390.

Have a look in the forum for Retailers to Buy from or Avoid.
WeeMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply!!

How do i know i am buyin the latest maps??

Will be needing most european countries i.e France,Germany Italy Austria,Switzerland,Belgium and so on, Do i have to buy these all individually??

Thanks Again...

Mark...
smallfreak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Go Latest Maps Help Reply with quote

WeeMarky wrote:
Hi Folks,

What an excellent site.

Could i please ask i have the original Tom Tom Go and have now takin a job as a Coach Driver and i am needing to get the latest,newest up to date maps for this wee machine??

Where can i get them apart from ordering from Tom Tom online??

What version is the original??

What version are the latest maps??

Thanks for any help in advance

Truly appreciated

Mark...

No matter where you buy the maps, make sure you will get "sealed" ones and not some cheap bargains of "used" or "opened" maps from your favorite auction site.

The "latest" available maps are the "Spring 2005", which does not necessarely mean that you have maps that show "all roads accurately dated 1Q 2005", rather you can expect "road changes up to 2Q 2004 for many regions of Europe". If you think about buying the MoWE CD set, the 2005 edition is the one on 6 CDs, the (old) 2004 edition was on 4 CDs.

Due to data acquisition procedures and production schedules you never get "up to date" maps and nobody can guarantee that YOUR region of interest is covered by the changes in any way. You might still find wrong/missing roads that are in operation "for ages", even with the "most up to date" maps.

The "version numbers" of the maps vary with the region covered, but as long as you order the 2005 maps, they are all the same compilation. TomTom did not produce intermediate maps but only an annual map release.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD maps that you copy to a big blank SD card are individual countries. You will need to switch maps at the border.

However, if you are driving a coach, you may be better off using the Major Roads of Europe map that is already on the CD that came with the Classic. that way you will avoid bring sent down country lanes and short cuts that are really only suitable for cars. Then you could switch to the detail map as you approach your destination to find the hotel.

I have a 1GB SD card with The Major Roads map - plus (in detail) France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Spain and Portugal. These are the old maps and seem OK at the moment - in fact some of the new maps include autoroutes that are not yet open!!

The new 6 CD set has "plus" maps on it which are the country itself in detail with the major roads map attached (no map switching) but loading a lot of "plus" maps takes up space and duplicates a lot of stuff.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
WeeMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You So Much For Your Help Guys..

Mark...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: