Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - toshiba e750 owners
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

toshiba e750 owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: toshiba e750 owners Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi are there any owners of a toshiba e750 who has installed a sat nav that works ok. my wired tt3 will not work dispite lots of efforts from you guys, thanks. should there be any reason why a bluetooth would not work ( i hope com port 1 does not come into it mine has not got one).wot do i need ? a bluetooth card etc,any recommendations you guys because i have already spent £175 with no joy thanks.
howardr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm running TTN3 successfully on a Tosh e330.

I can't comment on bluetooth because I use a 'wired' system. If you don't have built-in bluetooth I think you need a wired solution as the card slot is needed for the maps (on SD card) and you cannot therefore use a bluetooth 'card'.

Any help?

Google Maps on Samsung Galaxy S2
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: e750 set up Reply with quote

thanks for your reply howard, i have a wired ttn3 set up and have installed it lots of times,after a hard reset,soft reset, but it still will not run because there is no com port 1 listed in the gps settings, how is yours set up howard,thanks richard.
bowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Toshiba e400 uses Com port 2 for the wired GPS, there have been several threads on this over the last couple of years.
howardr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's set to COM1.

I don't know why yours would not do the same - I had no real difficulty in installing when following the insatll wizard.

Google Maps on Samsung Galaxy S2
exfive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an e750 with Belkin Bluetooth CF card, TT5 and Sysonchip Blue Mini GPS.
Works great.
On mine it's com port 7 but on TT5 whenever you have to choose it's "Bluetooth Serial Port COM7". It works either via other bluetooth GPS or other NMEA.
There's an easy way of checking which COM port your bluetooth connection is using through the Bluetooth Manager.
Let me know if you still need help with it and I'll try to check the exact setting.
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: howard how many coms Reply with quote

howardr wrote:
Mine's set to COM1.

I don't know why yours would not do the same - I had no real difficulty in installing when following the insatll wizard.
howard ,when i go into the gps status settings and look in the com port mine used to list com 2,3,usb and ir.so i sent it back to toshiba and they said the service board had gone down so they fitted a new one.so when it came back i thought great and installed tom tom wired 3 and open up gps settings and still no com port 1 listed and this time even com 2 had gone and been replaced with com 4 . do you think i should return it yet again, thanks
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: howard how many coms Reply with quote

humber wrote:
howardr wrote:
Mine's set to COM1.

howard ,when i go into the gps status settings and look in the com port mine used to list com 2,3,usb and ir.so i sent it back to toshiba and they said the service board had gone down so they fitted a new one.so when it came back i thought great and installed tom tom wired 3 and open up gps settings and still no com port 1 listed and this time even com 2 had gone and been replaced with com 4 . do you think i should return it yet again, thanks
since this i have installed demo mapopolis and this lists com ports 1 right though to 9 does anybody know if the software could be duff on the tom tom (2 discs)?thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: