Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Carphonewarehouse - free Copilot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Carphonewarehouse - free Copilot

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_baker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Carphonewarehouse - free Copilot Reply with quote

When you purchase and SDA they give free Copilot, but I heard that it is not as good as tomtom mobile, can you put tomtom mobile on an SDA and use it with the bluetooth receiver provided ?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you could (and many do!) argue about which is the better, are you asking the right question here.

Asuming that you don't already have TomTom, shouldn't you be asking if TomTom is worth it's price on top of what you already have? - it could just be a very expensive upgrade (or no doubt some would say downgrade)
greenopela
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would avoid carphonewarehouse on the net at the moment.. ordered phone and gps software that was in stock.. took 3 weeks to come..

First when i ordered it mentioned it might be 2 to 3 days to come because of high orders recieved..
After a week of waiting i emaled customer services.. and no reply..
another week then i was phoned up by carphonewarehouse sales staff.. (just by chance because i was due for upgrade.) they didnt have anything on there computer about my order i did online.. so ordered it again!! told it would arrive "definatly by monday" with next day delivery.. (it would be monday cos of weekend)
no phone arrived by end of tueday but they had took my money, so phoned them up to talk again!! Evil or Very Mad
was given a lame excuse and told i would be phoned up when they could deliver..
it arrived fri.. and yep they never phoned back it was just luck i was in.. Sad
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike you should have a minimum of 10 posts to take part in disscusions in this part is the site Illl leave here but will lock it until you have reached 10 posts this is in the site rules

with regaurd to tomtom mobile yes it will work on an SDA. it might be better sticking with copilot as youve already gone for the bundled upgrade. as tt mobile will cost around £190 on top of what you already have paid for the copilot and SDA. tomtom mobile is not available as software only you have to buy the receiver aswell. having used both on the sda there both around the same just make sure you get the updated patch from the alk website as it does fix a couple of routing issues. im not sure if traffic is available either yet on copilot

belown is reiew of copilot this was done before the lastest update was released

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/copilot6smartphone.php

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: