Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 crashed by motorway services "Security System"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 crashed by motorway services "Security System"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hasbeen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: TT5 crashed by motorway services "Security System" Reply with quote

Greetings

Just returned from a trip to N.Yorkshire (home's in Cornwall):
Used TT5 for the first time, with a Dell Axim x5 & BT GPS:

All was hunky-dory 'til we reached Hopwood Park Services (M42 J2), where we parked overnight; TT crashed as we entered the carpark and subsequently kept crashing for the remainder of the journey, at random times, and did so for the next day or so:
Finally stopped swearing at the damn thing, thought things through & did a soft reset and all was well for the rest of the week.

On the way home, stopped at Hopwood Park for the night & it crashed again: Did a soft reset and left it off 'til we were on the road again and all was well for the rest of the trip.

Is there a known issue here, or was it just coincidence?

I don't know if the problem was with the BT or Sat, but it appeared to be a "radio" bug.

Pete
tbarnes520
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Crashing At Hopwood Park Services Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

I would imagine that the problem is WIFI related. Do you have WIFI activated when you travel around, if so you could be picking up a signal at the services that is crashing the system.

The only way to test this would be to ensure it is off before your next visit to Hopwood Park.

If I gop there soon I will turn on WIFI and see what happens and post you a response. If you try it and it works please let me know.

With regards

Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be related to a POI at that location. Are there any nearby?
Hasbeen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom
I'm not likely to be visiting Hopwood in the near future, but I'd be interested to hear your experiences if you do .... AFAIK I didn't have wifi on.

Diplo
Hopwood has a Filling Station POI, which would have been active on my screen: Another strange thing - If I try to "Find nearby POI" TT5 always crashes, even with no GPS connected.

I guess the first thing to try is to re-install TT5 completely; it seems Very unstable

Pete
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashing on POI search is a known problem with warez versions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: