Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS complaints - not going away! Tell the truth!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS complaints - not going away! Tell the truth!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: PDAMODS complaints - not going away! Tell the truth! Reply with quote

I'm not going to rehash my experiences with this company; needless to say they are on this site and are far from complimentary!

I'd intended not to post again after getting jumped on by two of the site monitors for airing my grievances on more than one thread:

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22727&highlight=pdamods

What I wonder is the real problem with this? I have serious suspicions that PDAMODS are posting positive posts about themselves; isn't that more serious?

While one of the monitors attempted a bit of condescension, I've fielded much better by the way! I would suggest that there does come a point when any site has a moral responsibility to look at the suitability of their advertisers.

It isn't good enough to try and fob the anti PDAMODS posts as the work of a disgruntled minority. All you have to do is count the number of people who are complaining about them against the number who complain against all the other legitimate companies; you will find a great discrepancy!

The people who run this site have the statistics, tell us the numbers and check just where the PDAMODS 'are great' posts are coming from, what have you to fear, let truth reign!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that you have been posting comments about this company since May, 2005.

If you are so unhappy about the treatment you received from them why not contact your local trading standards office.

I think the people who read the forum have got your message by now.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally speaking, I have had nothing but good before and after sales service from PDAMods and have posted such on this Forum. However I must agree with PaddyWhack regarding some suspicious looking positive postings. Look at this one for instance:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24513

This was posted a day after someone else complained about their after-sales service. There is very little detail, and its written by a brand new member that hasn't posted since.

Mods,

It looks dodgy to me, and while I've been quite happy to sing their praises I'd be extremely unhappy if they were posting fake comments about themselves. Isn't there anyway of looking into it?
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agee with you there.

My mate ordered a TOMTOM 700 off PDA MODS and received it very quickly - he was happy.

I've avoided using this company for two reasons.

1. Before I ordered mine I called customer service I asked a few questions - I'm not a newbie to GPS (this is my fifth unit) and I knew I was being fobbed off slightly. so when I asked the question "are these in stock" I didn't know if I should believe the answer.

2. These posts - whichever way you look at it there's no smoke without fire. I'm not handing my hard earned cash over to a company which treats customers like this. They seem to fall down most when it comes to afer sales - this is too important to a customer to get wrong IMHO - the posts reflect this.

What I do wonder is why (and I have to admit it does look like they are doing this) they are wasting their time posting random positive posts on this board when replying to exisiting posts, addressing issues and making customers happy would have a much more significant effect on profile.

So I wait for my TTGo 700 from Globalpositioningsystems with bated breath - probably like others here. Why? they have never let me down and I have had to return things in the past - Im my opinion good service is worth the wait.
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the moral to this story is use an "authorised dealer" and one that you can walk into. I think the problem with everyone (including me) is that we are to quick to save a few quid and happily hand over our cash to someone we've never met (eg the internet business's) for what we think is a good deal?

Is the saving really that much?

and this is a comment from someone who recently used global positioning systems (but past history with them for me has been good).

Darren
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not have made this clear - I rate Globalpositioningsystems very highly.

Chris
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_w wrote:
I might not have made this clear - I rate Globalpositioningsystems very highly.

Chris

Sorry i may not have been clear Question . I too rate global positioning systems but given choice i would prefer somewhere that i can go into locally and actually deal with people face to face. I only use them though based on past experience which has been good.
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddywhack,

We realise that you claim to have significant problems with our service and like to regularly post negative comments about our company. We have asked you to contact us directly if you want to solve probelms you may have had or you may go via trading standards as mentioned by the pocketgps administrator however you have failed to contact us.

However what we would like to point out is that we have hundreds of customers on a daily basis that our happy with our service and if we asked them all to post positive feedback about our company they would be more than happy to do this and it would undoubtedly fill this forum up. We have never posted false positive feedback about our company on this forum.

Once again is you would like to solve any problems you have we would be more than happy to assist, and you can contact our customer service manager directly on:

peter.smithe@pdamods.com
EvilTwin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddywhack, i'd like to thank you for keeping me amused....

i have read with great interest the posts you made covering your vendetta against pdamods over twenty quids worth of stuff

the multiple threads you started on the same subject, and the threads you added to over your opinions about pdamods. buy the thing i remember most was this post: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22727

In particular your last sentence:
Quote:
You can relax now, I won't bother posting again.

As a regular reader i'm aware pdamods have a questionable customer service policy, and they have had more company names than a rogue trader. But they do also have
EvilTwin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(clicked submit by accident)

...a lot of happy customers, check out their ebay feedback. So please please please no more starting of anti PDA mods threds, its getting a little stale now.

Before you ask.....

No i havent dealt with them, as they seem a bit pricey on the internet market place, and the multiple buisness names out of one address in kilburn i find a little disturbing. So please dont point the finger saying i must work for them..
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilTwin wrote:
So please please please no more starting of anti PDA mods threds, its getting a little stale now.

I think the original thread was a request to the Moderators to check the authenticity of some the members that post positive threads about PDAMods. I guess this would be pretty difficult given all it takes to become a member is an e-mail address.

I have posted positive comments in the past about PDAMods and can confirm I am authentic Laughing
Zaki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very recently purchased from the same firm, I received my goods within a couple of days and all was in good order. I have no complaint.
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilTwin wrote:
Paddywhack, i'd like to thank you for keeping me amused....

i have read with great interest the posts you made covering your vendetta against pdamods over twenty quids worth of stuff

the multiple threads you started on the same subject, and the threads you added to over your opinions about pdamods. buy the thing i remember most was this post: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22727

In particular your last sentence:
Quote:
You can relax now, I won't bother posting again.

As a regular reader i'm aware pdamods have a questionable customer service policy, and they have had more company names than a rogue trader. But they do also have

Glad to keep you amused eviltwin!

I do try to 'not bother' posting about this nasty little company but they just keep on repeating the same mistakes time and time again!

As you astutely pointed out it did only cost me £20 but I found the arrogant and dismissive way I was treated infuriating! To paraphrase Mr.Clinton - he was a President by the way - it isn't the money stupid it's the principal!

As can be seen Mr.Smithe (and I'm sure that really is his name) from PDAMODS has asked me to get in touch to sort out my difficulties. Isn't it a pity he couldn't have seen fit to react in this rational way when the difficulties first arose.

Here's the punch line: I know you'll love this eviltwin! After all my problems with PDAMODS, namely their sending me out the wrong product and refusing to replace it, just in case anyone forgot.Laughing Out Loud

I then go and buy the product elsewhere. The joke is; I ended up purchasing again from PDAMODS! Only this time from one of their dozen or so alias companies! Ain't life sweet!

Not to worry. I promised PDAMODS that I would continue to keep everyone informed of their abysmal after sales service. And as I've already mentioned I am not a lone voice. Do a quick search on this site and see which company has the most negative posts; I'll bet you can't guess which one it is?
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with paddywhack on this one.

There are blatant false PDAMods-worship posts on here and server logs would most likely be able to trace their origin and disprove their authenticity.

Sooner or later all of the 230 Kilburn Avenue businesses are going to push their luck too far and end up getting closed down, or worse...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxi wrote:
I think the original thread was a request to the Moderators to check the authenticity of some the members that post positive threads about PDAMods. I guess this would be pretty difficult given all it takes to become a member is an e-mail address.

I would like to assure everyone that we are able to and regularly check the origin's of suspicious posts, especially where they are from new users praising a company. If we obtain evidence that this is the case we will act.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: