Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing TTN 1.5 error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing TTN 1.5 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boozshey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installing TTN 1.5 error Reply with quote

I have recently upgrade to Windows XP Home edition. I am now having a problem installing TOMTOM ver 1.5. I have the 5455 and active sync 3.6. I can sync and access the compaq with no error. Now when I put in the Cd to install maps is says verbatim;

"Your PC does not support the devices for which there are applications in this package.

Please install the supporting software first and run SETUP again.

Setup will now end.

Anyone else have this problem and can give me some advice on how to fix it?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Installing TTN 1.5 error Reply with quote

Are you getting this when the CD tries to Auto-run ? Or when you try to start installing TTN2 ?

If this is the message you get when you try to autorun the cd, then I'm not too sure what might be the cause.

If this is the message you are getting when you go to actually install TomTom Navigator (when it brings up ActiveSync to transfer to the Pocket PC), then I suspect it's an ActiveSync problem. I would recommend uninstalling ActiveSync and re-installing it, and then re-creating your partnership. What happens is when you create the partnership, it then tells ActiveSync what Pocket PC you have connected to the PC, and it sounds like it's lost this information. You might just get away with deleting and re-creating the partnership in ActiveSync, but you might have to go that little bit futher and reinstall as there maybe something corrupted in ActiveSync.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: