Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nav City, doing my head in!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nav City, doing my head in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exiles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Nav City, doing my head in! Reply with quote

I bought a navman 350 from them online a month or so back, came in a week, great i thought good service, 3 weeks later its gone wrong, power input failure.

3 emails, lord knows how many telephone calls unanswered.

did someone say they had the email address for customer servicees or some other department, or the telephone number of the director, manager, anybody willing to give me some info on getting a replacement unit.

cheers

mark!
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Nav City, doing my head in! Reply with quote

That sounds familiar :-(

The directors name is Hiren. If you can get hold of him, he is quite helpful. The problems is actually getting hold of the bloke. I sent numerous emails, faxes, and a letter, none of which resulted in a reply (he will probably claim that the email server is having a problem at the moment).

Your best bet is to just keep trying to call them on the phone. I lost count how many times I had to ring before I got through, but eventually I got lucky.

Good luck

Simon (aka Nobby)
peteoheat
Occasional Visitor

Exiles,

Navcity also trade out of a shop called Microworld 2000 on Tottenham Court road in London if you want a door to go and beat on.

Mark
tedkay
Regular Visitor

Microworld actually trade out of several addresses under several names on Tottenham Court Road (nos' 37, 26, 27, 232, 243, 248, 251, 256) - they come under the C & A Electronics/Rankhour banner. So take care if you are comparing prices and think these businesses are competitors. Take even more care if you are thinking of buying from them - my experience has been that they will not under any circumstances refund money for faulty goods, rather they refer you to the manufacturer (with whom you have no contract and therefore no recourse).

Mind you they are not the only ones to trade under different names and present the illusion of competition - Currys and PC World ...........

Ted
NavcityJat
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I know some customers have had problems shopping with Navcity, so if you find yourself needing any help we recommend telephoning in. We aim to deliver a great service, and we pride ourselves on being a great resource of knowledge for our customers.

Teething Problems...

Due to the growth in interest in PDA navigation in the last few months, with the great expansion in Bluetooth-enabled devices and an explosion in brands of Nav software, we've been overloaded with enquiries and have been short of staff to cope. Admittedly, most of the complaints we've had have concerned special-order/made-to-order products coming in from overseas, such as Brodit Proclips.

I can now reveal that we've implemented a new integrated system to deal with customer service enquires, which we're going to have fully operational within the next 10 days. Most outstanding problems have been resolved, and we expect that all remaining queries will be dealt with within the next few days.

NAVCITY AND TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD...

In respect to "tedkay" and his problems shopping with C&A Electronics, I can summarily state that we are NOT related to either Microworld or C&A Electronics. We operate a retail outlet concession within one single location on Tottenham Court Road, within a shop called Microworld 2000.

Similar to a retail shop(ourselves) within a shopping centre(Microworld 2000), we operate independantly from all businesses around us. In fact, there is a C&A/Rankhour Ltd. concession within Microworld 2000 right next to our sales area, so you can compare our prices and services firsthand.

I hope this satisfies any concerns that you may have about our company. Please feel free to contact us if you require any further information.

Yours,

Jatin B.

Sales and Tech Support

vist www.navcity.co.uk

Sales

http://www.navcity.co.uk

(020-7436-8499)
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

I ordered my TTN2 for NavCity (R.I.A Technologies Ltd), it took over a month to arrived and that was only after several phone calls chasing them.

I had a fault with it, call them for help only to be told to refer you to the manufacturer. I did return the faulty part, and after another month and and a lot more phone calls, I had to buy a new part, because they never recieved my return.

They used so may reasons ie, Waiting Cables, Shop being refitted, Storehouse being refitted, Short Staff, Staff of sick, Staff on Holiday etc etc etc.

I for one, found they had NO Customer Services & will NEVER buy from them again.

russgunn
Regular Visitor

One thing is for sure with Navcity...They need to get some phones with background noise supressors! If you do get through to them, which is rare, you can't hear a bloody thing because of the noise from punters on the shop floor. Sort it!

Secondly, I ordered a Tomtom cradle for my 5450 from Navcity not so long ago which they duly charged me for. However, when I called them to say it hadn't arrived 4 days later they told me it actually didn't fit my PDA and there wasn't a Tomtom one available for it. They thought it would be a good idea to still charge me though and not tell me until I called them. At this point I obviously asked them to re-imburse me. They didn't.

I gave them a second chance about 2 weeks later when I purchased the TTN2 Bluetooth package from them @ £318.00. They said they would deduct from the total the cost of the cradle they charged me for but never sent. As they hadn't done as they said they would initially I was sceptical. Well, what do you know..they charged me full price! Today was the third phone call to them where I was told the charge for the cradle would be refunded immediately. Still waiting! One more week without a refund and VISA will be contacting them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: