Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Reviews Coming soon!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Reviews Coming soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New Reviews Coming soon! Reply with quote

The team here have really been beavering away so hard bringing the latest reviews. Over the course of the next week (heck, even the next few days), you'll see some of these reviews. Some will come a little later as they are still being worked on, but we've got lots in store!!!

Want to see some new
  • Hardware Reviews ?
  • Moving Map Reviews ?
  • European Map Reviews ?
  • Bluetooth Reviews ?
  • Accessory Reviews ?
We'll have them all! The final touches are being put to a lot of these reviews, and you'll get to see them here, and there's quite a few exclusives too!
Mauro_666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New Reviews Coming soon! Reply with quote

That's nice guys,

keep up the good work!

Bye to all,

Mauro (iPAQ3850, Navman3000, RRA-45 using both TTN2 and SmartPath ST Pro)

P.S.- Did you notice the "i-Trek Mouse GPS Receiver" on the Semson's site? (low-cost SIRFStar IIe/LP device)

Do you actually have any plan to review it?

Thank You in advance,

M.
r_b77
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I hope you review soon the tomtom bluetooth gps?

I am very curious if this is a good gps? and has it a good fixing time?

I hope you review this very soon?

gr. rens

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Mauro, if it's not on our list, it will be added. Unfortunately some companies are more reluctant than others to send in gear for us to review, so we can never guarantee a product will be reviewed.

gr. rens, it's not out until later in June, but I'm sure we'll have it here much soon than that
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

Looking forward to a Navman iCN 630 review as it would be a first on the Net as far as I can see.
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Keymac,

I found a review by zdnet in the uk on the ICN 630. I just ordered one myself, and should have it tomorrow. Search google, and you'll find it. If not, I'll try to find the address for you.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Sparks, ZDNet do have a review, but it really doesn't do any justice to the iCN630, or in-fact any GPS system.   No photos, no screenshots, heck I could have written the text in notepad and published it as a text page and we would have had our review. I really do hate it when companies do a text based review like ZDNet have, it smacks to me that they've taken it out of the box, installed the software and maps, and just put it in the car and not even driven with it. I'm sure this isn't the case, but I hate text based reviews. Anyway that's my rant over with , we've taken extensive time over taking screenshots and putting the iCN630 through the tests.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

I also am really looking forward to seeing the iCN630 review, as, what seems a lifetime ago, I went on the internet to have a look at navigational systems with a view to buying one. I wanted something simple to slap on the dashboard, and I just wanted it to tell me which way to turn. I don't think I even knew about satellite fixes etc etc . . . . 'twas simple, I thought!

I saw Streetpilot and there was mention of the iCN630 which was going to be available in a couple of months time. I mentioned this idea to Hugh, and he came with me to a shop to have a look and we saw a Streetpilot. The demo we were given left a lot to be desired, (but I now see from Dave's review that in fact it is a rather awkward product to navigate your way round anyhow) and knowing that Navman were producing the iCN630 shortly I thought we would wait as I preferred the look of their mapping. (A really technical decision!!).

As some of you will know, after much agonising and much input from Hugh we have now got TomTom, and are very pleased with it, but it would be a real hooooot if Dave decides there is no finer product than the iCN630!!!!! Buffy :0)
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I agree with you that ZD's review did not really provide any really good feedback, but it was the best I could find at the moment. As you know, from my previous post, I have been eagerly waiting for your review, but I could wait no longer. I got antsy, and ordered the ICN 630. I should have it tomorrow.

The place I ordered it from claims they will take it back up to 90 days after purchase, albeit with a 20% restocking fee. But, I feel that it would be worth it to pay the fee, IF I really hate it. I have emailed a current user, and based on his input, I don't think that will be the case. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to your review, although I won't be happy if you hate it. Oh Well :-)

Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

There are a couple of user reviews at GPS. Good luck with it Sparks, and let us know how you get on . . . Buffy :0)

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/reviews.php?product_id=257&category_id=17&rp=viewprod.php
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Buffy,

Thanks for pointing me to those two reviews. I hadn't seen those. From these, it sounds like I might have made the right choice. I'll keep you posted once I get it.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

"You're Welcome" !! :0)
massi
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I don't know if you already did it, but, could it be possible to see Alturion gps 4.0 reviewed ?

Thanx
Dave
Frequent Visitor

We've requested Alturion a number of times but received no response back. We have got a long list of products and we will be re-contacting companies for review requests. Any companies we don't receive a response from we'll keep hammering at until they send us the gear

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: