Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Width restrictions around London
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Width restrictions around London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Width restrictions around London Reply with quote

I have tomtom 3 and would like add a poi file with width restrictions in and around London, does a list exist to download, if not any idea where I can get their locations from so that I can make a file.

John
robinwalton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: I'm very interested Reply with quote

Hi,

I am very interested in width, length, weight and height limits Nationwide. Thumbs Up Unfortunately I'm busy with low bridges at the moment. Sad (See http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21322) As I understand it the information is only available from the local traffic authority, I don't know how many cover London, but it could be hundreds. Stop! Good luck Driving
Aquanick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundreds......probably nearer to thousands.........add to that all the weight limits, low bridges, no right turns, no u turns and the lemming motorcyle couriers (sorry had to give them a mention) in london and what have you got.....
A king size pain in the arse for anybody trying to drive anything bigger than a transit van round the "dump" thats called London.

Best advice........DONT GO TO LONDON! (If you wanna keep your sanity)

I think they made a major mistake with the M25......they should have built it about 30ft high......like hadrians wall........and anyone who was in stayed in and anyone who was out stayed out....
Hassle free for everybody then :D

And in case you hadnt got the message......I hate LONDON!

Cheers for letting me onto my orange box......rant and moan over.

Nick
feyaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquanick wrote:
...than a transit van round the "dump" thats called London.

Best advice........DONT GO TO LONDON! (If you wanna keep your sanity)

I think they made a major mistake with the M25......they should have built it about 30ft high......like hadrians wall........and anyone who was in stayed in and anyone who was out stayed out....
Hassle free for everybody then :D

this it obviously a person who is an incompetant driver with a complete lack of culture.

born in london, loves london. and a traveller visiting all around the uk and abroad.

just one persons view against another! although I also beleive a big mistake was made with the m25, they made it!!!
magic53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i run a truck into London on a weekly basis, i think the idea of a 30"wall instead of m25 was great!
when i come against the small road problem using tt5 i have a second pda with mm to glance at that way i can look for a way round on bigger roads (preferably the big blue ones :0)

tony
RedFive1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently attempting to compile a width restriction database for my TTOne It is pretty local to my area as, unlike other POI's, the exact location makes all the difference.
I was wondering how to widen the scope of my database and how to make compilation quicker. I suppose it would make sense for anyone interested to contact me & I'd be only too happy to send them over the data I have so that they can add to it. Doing it this way we can then redistribute the results to get a more complete list of all the width restrictions we come across
There are four seperate databases. 6', 6'6", 7' & 7'6". It is currently very limited, but maybe a group effort will yield results. What do you think ?
There is a 5th database added now to accomodate the 7'3" width restricyion I came across recently.
Deus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done a run today through worcester, what a nightmare, the turns are unbelievably tight and traffic is appalling. By far the worst run I've had in my driving career.
I've never actually been though the Centre of London though, just the towns inside the 25.

Mostly the supermarket RDC's and a few collections further in - Hackney, totenham, wembley / parkroyal and the such, but hand on heart, this really was the worst drive.
I looked at my tacho at the end of my shift, 3km in one hour. and 20 fags in that time too.
wellchilledguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: POI's for Tuckers Reply with quote

I use Tom Tom 6 and there is a width restriction database on this site. There are a lot of useful POI's including Roadside Vans, Petrol stations by brand( useful for fuelcard users), Low Bridges, Truck Stops etc. The data bases are updated by the users so are constantly up to date.

http://www.poihandler.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: