Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I AM FURIOUS!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I AM FURIOUS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nulusios
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: I AM FURIOUS! Reply with quote

I am furious with all those GPS software vendors, that NOT ONLY DO NOT include Greece in they map selections, but also STUPIDLY BRAG (something that could go to the level of misinformation and deceit) that they "include whole Europe".

HAVEN'T these "gendlemen" ever heard that Greece is part of Europe? Haven't they heard that Greece is member (in fact one of the first TEN) of the European Community? Haven't they heard that even the *^%*&^% NAME "Europe" is Greek?

WHAT else does it take to MEAN Greece TOO when they talk about "whole Europe"!?

AFAIK only Destinator includes DETAILED Greek maps inc. street level for major Greek cities. Route 66 had a special "Athens 2004" version that supposedly had that too (at least for Athens area), but now nowhere to be found.

TomTom is the worse to my opinion. THEY DID have Greece back in the age of Routeplanner and then NOT! (they changed mapping source company probably - but why should I care) This means that if someone BOUGHT their program (I was one - together with a GPS back then) and expected AT LEAST the same level of support, tough luck. For many versions Greece doesn't exist at all (even as... land) for them. I even got their ad-mail recently where they brag: "For only €59, TomTom offers you the opportunity to benefit from TomTom NAVIGATOR 5's new and improved software and the industry's most up-to date street level map data for all of Europe." OH REALLY? THAT IS A LIE.

I put my name in this, I want it public, it is my opinion and if anybody from a company like TomTom that want to call themselves reputable, can answer.

Nick Sardelianos

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: