Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion PNA175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion PNA175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neolithian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Medion PNA175 Reply with quote

My friend bought 1 of these several weeks ago in Blackpool, the map is so far out of date it is showing 1 of the local cinemas in the area that left that location over 8 years ago !!! To my mind that makes this unit too outdated to use out of the box. I tried to find updates for this or alternative software and so far after two weeks hunting have had no luck. Does anyone know how and where i can actually get software other than the basic pre-loaded system ? Map updates and speed camera software ? Or should i bin it and get a TomTom ? 8O Confused :x Evil or Very Mad
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion PNA175 Reply with quote

neolithian wrote:
My friend bought 1 of these several weeks ago in Blackpool ... Or should i bin it and get a TomTom?

Hang on.......... is it you or your friend?

I've just bought the Medion 95900, MD200S and the maps seem quite up to date to me. It's even got a couple of new islands and junctions round here that have only just been modified.
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to actually answer your question.

Personally if you only bought it a few weeks ago I'd take it back to Aldi and get a refund saying your not happy with it. Then you can get a newer version.

Alternatively, if you do decide to bin it and get a tomtom then send it to me first. I'll throw it away for you................
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the speed camera database for v4 OF Med NAV you will have to get a program called POiWarner (The one you mentioned earlier). Make sure you only download the program that suits your PNA Med Navigator program, e.g. Version 4 Med Nav you need V4 POIWarner, V5 Med NAV (Lucky man) you need V5 POIWarner.

Also make sure you have an Activesync connection to your pc or else it wont work.

www.navigating.de/Home_en

Once you PAY for that program (Around £19) and it is installed on the PNA175 you can register at the site POIHandler, this costs around £8 which allows you to download the information for a yearly subscription on the speed camera updates, this site also has many other POI's on it, Restaurants etc but you pay the subs only for the cameras.

www.poihandler.com

Once you have paid the subs and set set up your passwords/profile etc on the POIHandler site you then, on the PNA175 in the POIWarner program, put in your user name.

This then allows you to connect via Activesync to the POIHandler website and sync all the data you need.

It takes a while to suss out how to do it but it comes quickly.

I hope this helps
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above was cut out of an existing post I did so its a bit wrong in some places as it was meant for the post it was in but the information is correct if you get my meaning! Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: