Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Bluetooth GPS powering off !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Bluetooth GPS powering off !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chizzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: TomTom Bluetooth GPS powering off ! Reply with quote

I am new to all of this so please help!! I have just bought Navigator 5 package bundled with TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver. Works great but Ihave had to locate receiver on rear parcel shelf due to reflective windscreen. Receiver is permanently powered from always-on cigar lighter in boot. Problem is I am in and out of the car all day as I am a sales rep. Whenever I take the PDA out of the car and the GPS loses the bluetooth signal it switches itself off after 2 mins. This means I have to open the boot, switch it back on and wait for it to aquire GPS signals (ave. 10 mins!) which is a pain and impracticle.

My question is does anyone know how can I change the settings anyway so that the GPS does not turn itself off when it has no Bluetooth Signal ?

Please advise, help would be much appreciated. 8O
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to change the receiver for one that has a physical on/off switch (not the software switch that your current receiver has) .

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Chizzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply, Lutz. That's a bummer though isn't it having just bought the TomTom packaged GPS !!!

Another quick question, does anyone know where the favourites file is stored for Navigator 5. I had to reset my Ipaq the other day and it lost all my favourites I'd spent hours programming in (all my customers !!!). Or is there a better way I should be doing it (eg store favourites on storage card, but how ?)

Thanks for your help,

Chizz
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should store all your important favourites in a custom POI file (OV2) to avoid scenarios like you just had. That way they will all be in one file that you can save and transfer easily.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Chizzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz, for advice. Is it easy to explain to me how to create an OV2 file like you describe, this would be the ideal way to do it but I have searched the Internet to find out how to do it and can't get answer. I have approx 2000 names and addresses incl post codes in excel spreadsheet format, all in seperate columns, but can't find anywhere how i can convert this into a POI Database in OV2 Format. Do I need software to do it ?

My understanding (admittedly limited !) is that I need Lat/Long co-ordinates to create OV2 database, but all I have is postcodes, shop n0 and address and shop name.

Your advice is greatly appreciated, sorry to be such a novice !

Chizz

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: