Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pro TTN2 Thread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro TTN2 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueBlood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pro TTN2 Thread Reply with quote

I would like to hear about peoples positive comments about using TTN2.

I use TTN2 V2.02 Benelux version on a PocketPC 2002 iPaq 3660 with a Navman GPS jacket. This is dedicated iPaq used only for navigation. I hardly ever have problems with hangups, software crashes etc. The TTF is a bit long but I can live with it.

The Avoids feature is great, TTN2 has got me out of so many traffic jams in and around Amsterdam and other cities in the Netherlands and found me lots of interesting routes to and from work that it almost makes it a joy to drive to work in the morning. Also, for someone with my sense of direction TTN2 is a godsend.

So come on, lets hear some good stories.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Pro TTN2 Thread Reply with quote

I run TTN1 and 2 over a whole host of Pocket PC's, and get very little crashes. Luckily I have access to more than one at anyone time so I only ever upgrade one when a new version comes out for a few days to wait for it to settle. I think the key is getting hold of a stable version and sticking with it. Some versions seem to affect other Pocket PC's more, and I think this is where TomTom could do with better beta test beds to test the fixes before releasing.
BlueBlood
Occasional Visitor

I totally agree, V2.02 works great for me hence I will stick with it until such time as a new version offers more goodies etc.
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

i use ipaq h3970 rom ver 2.10, maps on sd card,

with tomtom 2 ver 2.5, and 9533 gps reciver

and its great no problems at oll.
timtim
Occasional Visitor

I'm a musician and spend my summer playing in outdoor 'Fireworks Spectacular Concerts' in the middle of nowhere("muddy field gigs" to the cognoscenti!). Road signs to get there are usually OK but at 11:20pm in the pitch black, on country roads used once a year all the signs disappear and I praise the great god GPS for TTN2! My blood pressure's much better now too.
George Pickles
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I'm running a Navman Sleeve with an Ipaq 3630 and TTN2 and am running Benelux maps!

And I've had no crashes at all. The navigate to function from contacts works fine. The 3d view looks good and updates quickly enough.

Although it did try and do a rather bizzare routing yesterday... wanted me to turn left, go down the road 100m, do a U turn and then after 100m do a left (yes, I should have just gone straight on at the junction)

Apart from that I am surprised at how stable the software is it is on my lowly Ipaq! I was seriously worried that the 3d view would be too much for it... but no!

I like it

George!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: