Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed for EMTAC BT+IPAQ3970+TT2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed for EMTAC BT+IPAQ3970+TT2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pjorten
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed for EMTAC BT+IPAQ3970+TT2 Reply with quote

I just bought my IPAQ GPS system and I am already stuck!!

My config is as follows:

IPAQ 3970 (rom ver. 2.10)

EMTAC BT GPS

TomTom navigator 2 (ver. 2.02)

The problem I am having with my EMTAC is that when I have set it up to COM 8 plus selected EMTAC CRUX (also tried EMTAC wireless)in the program with the SAT dish as logo and go to the screen where you can see how many satellites you receive the IPAQ nearly freezes and when it finally has loaded the screen I don’t see any reception of anything. I checked my Bluetooth manager to see if this was the problem but everything looks fine and the EMTAC sat status blinks green so that means the it is having connection to satellites.

Do anybody know what this problem could be because the hardware seams to work but maybe it is a case of the wrong driver or ?

Pjorten
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Help needed for EMTAC BT+IPAQ3970+TT2 Reply with quote

I have the same hardware but my iPAQ has the earlier rom (2.0) I am now using TTN 2.05 (with Emtac Wireless on COM 8) and I have not experienced problems with either TTN 2.02 or 2.05.

Have you installed TTN at the default location (not on a card) and are your maps on the SD card? If the maps are on the SD card you could try loading a smaller segment of map in IPAQ memory and see if that works.

Although I have no experience with the iPAQ 2.10 ROM other users have had problems. These are connected with poor performance of the SD card driver.

Another thing to try is the Emtac program Crux_View that came with your BTGPS. That will check out the iPAQ/GPS connection without using the SD card.

Richard
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Also don't use the Emtac Crux driver, use the Emtac Wireless Driver, this works better than the Crux driver.
LocktightT
Regular Visitor

Hi

What is the status of each of the lights on your Emtac? This sounds like the problem I have had recently, if the Emyac green light is solid then you have a problem with it.

Locktight
Pjorten
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for all your help. I am getting a fix now and the screen doesn't freeze.

How i fixed it?

Just buy installing the latest TOMTOM 2 update version 2.05 plus the TOMTOMGPS update ver. 2.05

Pjorten

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: