Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Livewire and BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Livewire and BT GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Livewire and BT GPS Reply with quote

A friend of mine has purchased Copilot 3.5 with the annual subscription to Livewire. I must admit that without any TMC alternatives (Although Alturion is on the horizon) it is an absolutely fantastic solution. Definitely a very mature setup.

What I was wondering whether it is possible to have two bluetooth connections from the Pocketpc so that a bluetooth GPS receiver can be used in combination with the bluetooth phone required for livewire?

Has anyone got any experience with this?

Cheers,

Jean-Paul
DomLof
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Livewire and BT GPS Reply with quote

Hi

Yep. Thats my set up. An emtac BT with a T68i connected via BT to my IPAQ.

You can set it up to use dialup, but I would reconmend GPRS for the connection. I find that the download is very small for an average journey, and it depends on how many times you manually check for traffic or reroute.

The only problem I find is that the 'I' sometimes turns to yellow which means it had a problem accessing the site to download from, and it gets stuck. The only way to get it working is to shut down CoPilot and restart it.

Dom
dejongj
Regular Visitor

So in short Domlof you are another happy bunny with Copilot and livewire, little (big?) bugs aside...

Looks like I am going that way now...just have to be strong to wait for the HP 5500 series in July/August with PocketPC 2003.....I want it now...

Jean-Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: