Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - no maps found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

no maps found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
custard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: no maps found Reply with quote

Hi,

Just bought TomTom Navigator 5 for PDA (bluetooth) for use with my Palm Tungsten T3. When I put in the SD card, after asking a few setup questions like miles/km etc, it just says "no maps found". I have done a search on the forums and i found a post which said try adding a new map. How do I do that. The package just came with a help CD, no software. All I have is the SD card, and product code. All came is a sealed box from retailer on Tottenham Court Road.

Thanks
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure its navigator five but the map should be on the cd

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
custard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, its Navigator 5 (tomtom navigator 5 for PDA), but I only got one CD which is a manual/help CD, there are no maps on it. I can see the map folder on the SD card.

- custard
mbenz1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back mate, wouldnt trust most retailers on tottenham court road anyway
custard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the retailer, it came in a sealed box. Should I have received more CD's, is it a packaging fault. Is there any application that gets installed on your PC ? Should I try copying the stuff to a differrent SD card ? I could try a full reset on my TT3 (anyone remember how to do that ?). I've been waiting for this GPS for ages, my estimation of Tomtom is going right down.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigator 5 is a brand new product and there's not much user experience on it yet.

It sounds as if the map is only found on the SD card in retail copies of Navigator 5, unlike the older Navigator products for the Pocket PC, where the map was on a CD. The TomTom web site seems pretty clear that the CD is only a manual / help CD. That being the case, you could try looking at the SD card to see if a map is there.

If things aren't working, your only option is likely to be contacting TomTom Support to report the problem. It would be worth trying the equivalent of a soft reset on your Palm (I'm afraid I'm not a Palm user, so I don't know - I'm Pocket PC only) just to check that doesn't help.

David
insanity
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: no maps found Reply with quote

custard wrote:
Just bought TomTom Navigator 5 for PDA (bluetooth) for use with my Palm Tungsten T3

I don't recall seeing anything about TTN5 for Palm on the TomTom website... might just be me but something is setting off alarm bells in my head 8O
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is anythign like TT4 you won't see any maps until you have done the online registration of the maps. Follow the instructions on the install poster.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: