Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

cheers for the help alan......I'll check them out tomorrow.......going by what you say....it is normal for destinator to have slowed down when starting up.......and using the menus etc......works ok when navigating.....just takes its time opening up the different screens......gets on ya tit sometimes....best to go and have a cuppa and maybe when you get back it'll have opened the screen.
by the way....my other half took it to work today.....normal route.....thought after I copied all your files over everything was going to be hunky dory......but it now has found speed cameras that are not there and weren't mentioned the day before.....and the voice still says alert 1 instead of cameras.......reading earlier bits in the forums I think I have missed something......have asked mickey f to send me his idiots guide and I'll try again.......
cheers for the help and links

Toni
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: destinator Reply with quote

think I know what I might have done wrong.......whilst copying alans files ect over either I or the pda had created itself another common within the original common folder and another interace within the interface folder....therefore all the new commands/wav files I put in where split up from the rest.......
we shall see later on today

Toni
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: well guys Reply with quote

well guys.....you're all BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!
it all works now.....shows the correct icon and comes up with the voice saying the correct things. It was as I suspected....when copying alans files over I copied the whole folder instead of the individual items causing it to make new folders of the same name on the pda....meaning the original things were now split up from the new ones(wav files and text files)....just copied them to the correct ones and it works.
Thanks for the files mickey....didn't use them afterall(well a couple of bits anyway)
I was reading earlier on in the forum about changing the visual alert text on the screen to speed camera/red light camera instead of auto alert 1 & 2....did anyone actually get this done???

cheers

Toni
allmen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it can be done but you will need to change part of the Visual/All file.

Go to DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All and change the following line

From IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED="Auto Alert 1;Auto Alert 2"
to IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED="Gatso Alert;RLC Alert"
or to whatever your wav file for the appropriate cameras happens to be called.

You can also change the distances on the line below this one or add new ones to it.

IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED_DISTANCES="100;200;400;600;800" to
IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED_DISTANCES="100;200;300;400;500;600;800;1000" the bold text figures are the ones added.
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks allmen.....I will give it a go

Toni
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allmen wrote:
Yes it can be done but you will need to change part of the Visual/All file.

Go to DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All and change the following line

From IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED="Auto Alert 1;Auto Alert 2"
to IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED="Gatso Alert;RLC Alert"
or to whatever your wav file for the appropriate cameras happens to be called.

Smal clrafication, it's the DestinatorMSG.Inf in DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visual\All directory where these lines are. The text, such as "Gatso Alert" above is what appears on screen. It does not have to be the same as a .wav file name.

allmen wrote:
You can also change the distances on the line below this one or add new ones to it.

IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED_DISTANCES="100;200;400;600;800" to
IDS_DYNPOI_ALERTED_DISTANCES="100;200;300;400;500;600;800;1000" the bold text figures are the ones added.

The additional distances as above appear in the lists of distances for the alerts. However they won't be used for a voice warning unless there is a matching line in the destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf in the DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Voice\All directory. A line like

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,camera;6;hundred;UNITS,"Camera 600"

has to be added to match the distance of 600 for instance and you will need "camera.wav", "6.wav" and "hundred.wav" or whatever combination you choose to use as a voice warning in the DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Voice\All directory.
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks alan.....only going to change the visual now......got everything working as per your files(with a bit of mickey's too) and going to leave it at that.........don't tamper with it if its not broke....as they say!!

cheers

Toni
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

sorry guys its me again.......I went into the file you stated on the pda using activesync....explore.......when I doublr click on the destinatorMSG icon....or any other icon for that matter all it does is open another box displaying properties. It will not let me into it to change the text.
I had already copied all my original files onto the pc before setting out on this quest and thought if I copied the MSG text again and then edited it on the pc and then copied it over to the pda it would overwrite the original.....it cpoies over but saves as a separate text file....(without the little cog on it.....sorry about the description).....meaning its not a setup file......
how do I do this please......
bet you're all getting fed up with all these questions......haha

cheers.....once again

Toni
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: sorry Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
I had already copied all my original files onto the pc before setting out on this quest and thought if I copied the MSG text again and then edited it on the pc and then copied it over to the pda it would overwrite the original.....it copies over but saves as a separate text file....(without the little cog on it.....sorry about the description).....meaning its not a setup file......

First make sure your 'Explorer' settings on the PC are not hiding the three letter extensions - it's a tick box under 'View' under 'Tools/Folder options'. Then you can see the actual name of the file and that notepad hasn't 'helpfully' saved it as DestinatorMSG.Inf.txt.

The 'cog' is just Explorer on the PC recognising the extension and labelling the display with an icon, it means nothing to the pda, the file is just text with specific name and a picky format.

Explorer from the Activesync, as you've seen, has limited functionality. You cannot open files on the pda to edit directly from the PC. What I did was copy the original of anything I was going to change from pda to PC. Make a backup by adding 001 to a copy, edit it on the PC then copy both the changed file and backup to the pda. You'll see the originals in the zipped backup. If you try something and it doesn't work it's easier on the pda to just rename the backup to get back to the original file than try editing the file directly. And yes, been there. Done that. Many times.

Being able to change and experiment is why we bought a pda instead of a sealed box isn't it?
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: great Reply with quote

cheers alan.....I will have another go when I get home from work tonight....
at least I see I have progressed in ranking from a beginner to standard....doesn't mean I know any more....haha.......no really......I have learnt alot over the past few days......hopefully the tom tom won't be too difficult

cheers

Toni
allmen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys I thought I had put that file into the text of the post. Embarassed
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: great Reply with quote

hi guys.....got it all working now thanks to you all.....trouble is my partner who is using the navigtor has seen my tom tom which I have got all working properly too.....seem to have less problems with that....maybe its because I'm an expert on these things now...haha....anyway she has decided she likes the way tom tom works and wants that instead.....after all my hard work......shall have to get another memory card I think.....don't want to mess destinator up and find tom tom won't work.......anyone know where I can get another card from??

Toni
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of places on the net mate.

www.ebuyer.com have an offer on at the moment - very cheap.

Kingstone 1GB - £17.18 inc vat - quickfind:83430

Lots of other too (incase you want a different size)

antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks mikey......wouldn't need one that big though would I??
do you think 512 is big enough........only going to hold tom tom maps and speed cameras etc....not used for anything else.......the one thats in it at the moment I believe is 512....might even be 256

Toni
oscar7107
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Acer n35 Reply with quote

I have installed all the files etc and it is working fine, Is it possible to split the camera Database, North and south - perhaps across the Watford Gap? I could then have South for Alert 1 and North Alert 2, I assume this would speed up my loading time, I spend 90% of my time in the south Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: