Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A rip-off retailer of many names.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A rip-off retailer of many names.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: A rip-off retailer of many names. Reply with quote

Ebay seller nex_gensales has developed a new and ingenious way of ripping people off.

He includes no textual description in his ebay listings. Instead the entire description is contained within a background gif file which is stored on his own webpage. This means that when someone complains about his inflated specifications, he can change them after an auction has ended and refuse to refund. This is clearly fraudulent practice, I'm amazed that ebay allow external images at all as it is so clearly open to this kind of abuse.

You all know the Polstar PBT-111 right? Its a cheap 3rd Gen Sony chipset, do these specs sound right?
- Latest Xtrac 2 GPS receiver (its not XTRAC 2)
- Auto switching between SIRF and XTRAC 2 Modes (Also a lie)
- External Antenna Upgrade Socket (It has no upgrade socket)
- Can work from your pocket/glovebox (pocket - maybe, glovebox - laughable)
- The first gps receiver in the world that has 16 channel pickup (its a 12 channel receiver)
- The only 16 channel receiver in the world (also not true)
- Cooks breakfast in bed for you (okay so I made this last one up)

Upon receiving negative feedback, this seller emails the buyer and tells them that if they do not withdraw their negative feedback, they will have no warranty with him. After a discussion about this, he assures me that he 'laughs in the face of my statutory rights'.

The seller also trades under the following names,

nex_gensales
PDAMODS
Rikaline UK
Vivo Technologies
Thinkdeals
Thinkprice
PK Ashar
Sanjeev Ashar

Avoid these businesses like the plague.

After all communication with nex_gensales, at no point has he even attempted to defend his false advertising, all he has done is attempted to threaten and intimidate customers.

I have retained proof of all claims within this posting if anyone is interested.
sh01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted way back in May 2004
http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8243

I have had problems with PDAMODS and so have numerous other people. Strange there are still in business. AVOID them and all these other companies they are trading under. They are dishonest.

All these companies are trading from this address:

230 Kilburn Lane,
North Kensington,
London,
W10 4BA
sh01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK Asher (i.e. PRATAP KUMAR ASHAR) is actually the brother of Sanjeev Asher....the whole family is dodgy (he is the registered Company Secretary of VIVO TECHNOLOGIES LTD)
elessar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided now that I'm going to dedicate 10 minutes of my time each day to investigating and reporting any offences of the Ashar family businesses. Does anyone else want to volunteer, its actaully quite satisfying once you get started.

Ebay are now investigating this seller, now to get Trading Standards involved in the shop side of things, where I can see numerous examples of false advertising as well.
mac_the_dog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If PDAMODS are so bad, how come there is still alink from this site to theirs??????

Question Question Question
Memory-Map 2004 Region 2
Medion MD PPC150 cradle
Kingston 512MB SD Card
PDair Aluminium Hardcase
tallest_of_pauls
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: www.pdamods.com Reply with quote

I very nearly bought one of these items via ebay, thought I best check the feedback first though, and decided to contact a couple of people who had left neg or neutral feedback. Luckily for me they replied and warned me to save my money, one person even directed me to this site, and this subject.

As a little thank you I did a bit of digging myself and found the following information about www.pdamods.com

Registrant:
Vivo Technologies Limited
230 Kilburn Lane
London
United Kingdom
W10 4BA
UK

Domain Name: PDAMODS.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact, Technical Contact:
"Mr Sanjeev Ashar"
Phone: (edit MikeB)
Fax: (edit MikeB)

Registrar:
"Mr Easyspace Hostmaster"
Phone: +44 (edit MikeB)
Fax: +44 (edit MikeB)

Record last updated on 2004-11-19.
Record expires on 2008-05-26.
Record created on 2003-05-26.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS15.TOKIOS.COM 70.84.16.36
NS16.TOKIOS.COM 70.84.16.37

Do what you like with this information, it was all found out legally and is classed as public information.

Thanks to kind people out there I have saved my money, I shall now trall though this site to find a bluetooth gps that is worth it's money, and is not being faslely advertised.

(Edited by MikeB 27Jul06 remove personal details)
Frogeye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Another name for PDA Mods Reply with quote

I have just bought a pda mount off ebay, the traders name was Superdog 5000. Cheques to be made payable to VIVO, 230 Kilbern.... Another name to add to the PDAMODS list.

However I have bought a Dell GPS system for my X50V from Nexgen sales, another ebay arm of PDAMODS. It was delivered very quickly so I have no complaint, except that the DELL GPS system keeps locking up, the cradle is very poor. The GPS receiver, Dell badged BT308? works well. On complaining to Nexgen, they did not want to know.
gw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a mount from superdog 5000 on ebay, i am waiting delivery
but his feedback is very impressive.
Has there been problems lately Question
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Globalsat 338 from superdog5000 and it arrived very quick
Dansco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have got screwed by this "Person" with the Polstar. 1st GPS, only for bike rides.

He says it will take ONE HOUR to get it's 1st fix and even though I don't know much about GPS, this is BS...

When I asked for my money back he just kept saying "it takes an hour to get the 1st fix", "I'm trying to help you" and BS like that. :x
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont take this the wrong way but sometimes it can take up to 45 mins for your first fix. When you buy a new GPS it has no idea where in the world you are and has to download information for the sats. I have never had to wait this long but the manufactuers do advise it can take up to 45mins. Have you treid the GPS? do you get a signal?
Dansco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenGourlay wrote:
Dont take this the wrong way but sometimes it can take up to 45 mins for your first fix. When you buy a new GPS it has no idea where in the world you are and has to download information for the sats. I have never had to wait this long but the manufactuers do advise it can take up to 45mins. Have you treid the GPS? do you get a signal?

So how come it says 50 secs average on their website Question

Watching a cricket match tomorrow so will get it sorted one way or the other. Confused
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have not checked their site but TTFF can be from 5sec - 45mins, then after that the your next fix dependant on conditions should get faster the more you use the GPS. IE if you don’t use your GPS for about 1 month then decide you need to use it then it will take longer than you expect to get your fix.
biker1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: eBay??? Reply with quote

No point in complaining to them 8O (they make money from these people's sales after all Twisted Evil )...I have complained twice. eBay has done sod all :x .
They make you feel as though it is all your fault Crying or Very sad .

I, too would like to know why they are allowed to advertise on this site.

Money springs to mind!!!

We won it 5 times, We won it 5 times.
In Istanbul, We won it 5 times.

Football Capital of the World.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay??? Reply with quote

biker1 wrote:
No point in complaining to them 8O (they make money from these people's sales after all Twisted Evil )...I have complained twice. eBay has done sod all :x .
They make you feel as though it is all your fault Crying or Very sad .

I, too would like to know why they are allowed to advertise on this site.

Money springs to mind!!!

Adverts help pay for the running of this site. It's a fact of life and without them we couldn't afford to pay for the bandwdith.

As to why we have so far continued to accept advertisements from this company? Frustratingly we could be held to account if we were to refuse adverts from legitimate businesses without good reason, this could be construed as a restriction of trade. Despite all that has been said there is no proven case against PDA Mods.

We are however reviewing our procedures as there does appear to be an unusual amount of complaints against this one retailer. Their many different guises in itself would cause me concern as a potential buyer.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: