Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Broken charger + wobbly mount = VERY DISAPPOINTED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken charger + wobbly mount = VERY DISAPPOINTED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Broken charger + wobbly mount = VERY DISAPPOINTED Reply with quote

I've got an Axim X50v and the seidio G2500 mount.

This morning I got in the car and plugged in the mount to the cigarette lighter, and NOTHING happened. I tried pushing it in further...still nothing....

The green light on the end of the cord nearest the cigarette lighter is on, but the green light on the mount itself never turns on. The PDA does not get charged, not does the speaker get powered up.

This is so annoying. I haven't broken or damaged the charger cable in anyway, I only plug it in when driving, then unplug it and leave it in the glove box each night. What can I do? Do I have to order a new charger cable?
Can I be sure the second charger cable will work?

Of course, seidio aren't replying to my e-mails, and conveniently there is NO link to any kind of technical support on their website.

I also agree with other people on this forum that the suction mount is rubbish, it just falls off after about a week. The vent mount is so wobbly, my kit slides around everywhere. Also, the 360 degree swivel is too loose. The power cable drags the mount down and swivels it out of position every time I go over a bump.

I am not impressed by this car mount at all. While it worked it was OK... but nowhere near good enough. Now the power cable is broken, I am seriously considering buying something else.

Any ideas on a better mount? One that fits the axim X50v perfectly, AND charges it? (i have bluetooth, so a wired gps mount isn't necessary)
northants_guy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds just like what happened to me. my power cable went, so i hard wired it in, then the speaker went!

I managed to sort the mount, used an old phone kit mount for my car and screwed on the back plate.

All seemed ok apart from speaker going. must admit the quality of the unit isn't up to par.

I'm thinking about changing PDA anyway,and if I do it will be to a PDA/phone with fully fitted carkit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: