Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0 Reply with quote

Well Version 5 is now with the GO users, it is still gaining in functionality for the New GO500 and GO700 devices, but it is essentially there.

Time to start thinking about Version 6.0. It seems strange to be saying that now, but it wont be long before the functionality for Version 6.0 will be drawn up by TomTom and if we want to have our say we need to get in there now.

For me one of the things that I would like to see is an easier way to record POIs. Currently it is very difficult and dangerous to record one whilst driving. With the new 500/700 GOs and the PDAs and Phone versions there are built in microphones. So what I would like to see would be a simple 2 tap method of recording a POI and optionally recording a narative with it.

Whilst on the subject of sound, I would also like to see a more flexible sound system. Whereby you could easily replace system sounds with user created ones. although it is possible to do so with the current version it is difficult and convoluted to do so.

OK guys over to you. What would you like to see in the next release of the software...
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be able to customise the menu screens. One instance I can think of would be to use the Navigate to ... and put the Postcode icon on the first page, rather than on the second. Useful for UK and Holland only really.

The 'mark a POI' would be good if there was a seperate category called XtraPOI or similar that if you tapped the screen twice would put the GPS position in, that could then be edited at a later time with details.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few for starters.

I would like full v4 screen brightness/contrast restored without needing to resort to witchcraft.

I would like to be able to define my own average speeds for different types of road, in the same way as Autoroute does.

If I consistently ignore its instructions and go my own way for part of a route, I would like it to route me that way in future.

I would like to be able to define a POI position by inputing its co-ordinates (or, even better, its OS Grid reference). It would also be useful if cursor position coordinates could be displayed in Browse Map mode.

Maybe there should be provision for a higher number of user-defined POI categories. [I haven't personally run out, but a lot of people have].

Roger
bmwman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

1) Brightness. More of it please.

2) User control over the "turn left then turn right" proximity issue (unless this is dealt with in an update to v5)

3) Ability to give a start point for an itinerary. At the moment it will route plan from the current location, it woud be nice to route from a designated start point
feenix
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itinerary, wouldn't it be handy if you could just bang in a load of addresses and it planned your route for you. intstead of having to resort to a paper map and putting them in order yourself.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the following would be useful:

1) Avoid Area (as on TTNav 3.xx for PPC), to permanently remember areas to avoid until the user removes the avoid.

2) Emergency "where am I now?" screen. This would be useful if your vehicle breaks down, you could know the co-ordinates of your location and also where you were in relationship to distance from other roads, junctions, etc. We could have done with the facility a few days ago when we were driving along the M40, I spotted a tyre carcass in one of the lanes and we reported its location to the emergency services.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
phily
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful to have the option to make a route for caravans/motorhomes or high vehicles.
Also option to route avoiding low bridges.

Thats my 1d worth.
RobP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiding inappropriate icons for any particular TTGO - so TTGO Classic users don't have to wade through all the icons for features only appropriate to 300/500/700s.
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Brighter screens Reply with quote

I would like to be able to see the screen during day light hours when the sun is shinning. 8O

2. A brighter screen. :x

3. oh and a screen I can see during the sun light part of the day. Evil or Very Mad

Ok tom tom you taken me for a ride with the new maps but from the above you may get a clue to what I would like from you next. Rolling Eyes
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.1. A brighter screen if this is possible through software control.

.2. If possible through software control a brighter screen.

.3. One thing I found very useful when sampling a friends Vauxhall Signum with GPS was directions actually repeated while on the roundabouts, indicating the exit as you negotiate the roundabout, sometimes it can be a bit confusing to follow the map while it lags a little while actually on the roundabout.

.4. Did I mention I would like a brighter screen?

Best regards David
sdclark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few suggestions for the TTG. Idea

I used to have a Garmin Streetpilot III Wink which at sunset time would change the graphics to night colours then at sunrise would reset to daytime colours. This would be good to have programmed in to check by GPS position of Sunset/Sunrise times. Then you would not have to physically have to go though the settings to change them over manually.

Another would be a light sensor attachment be fitted so that in bright conditions it would increase contrast and when it's darker, like in a tunnel or dark rainy conditions, contrast is lowered. Rather my other suggestion above.

I currently have a Navman 510i but will be getting a TTG 500 when available for the Traffic feature and bluetooth phone facilitiy. :D
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some reference to time of day when mapping so it could take into consideration rush hour hot spots.
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seperate mute for POI warning & turn instructions so I can have an audible warning for cameras without being told how to drive routes I know inside out.

An 12V electric razor so that I can make full use of the mirror that seems to have been fitted in place of a screen....
remus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two items were on my wish list for Tom Tom Go.
The first they have given us this year. The Full Post code search,Thank you.
So next year or sooner. Can we have a vehicle tracking system using the bluetooth link along the lines of co-pilot.

Kevin.
Heydude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe as SD cards are gettin bigger and bigger..and fairly cheap!..we could have different operating systems running on our tom toms!
You know when yu boared you could just pop a different card in and play Some games! or music! or Radio or even tv . What about trying to put that usb port to more use!..DVD feed or ? 8) 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: