Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Week 5:Will anyone get an v5 Upgrade this Week?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Week 5:Will anyone get an v5 Upgrade this Week?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Week 5:Will anyone get an v5 Upgrade this Week? Reply with quote

Well Tomtoms "please allow up to 5 weeks for delivery" standard e mail reply runs out on the 19 May for anyone who placed an order on the first day the upgrade was advertised.
Will anyone get one this week?-we will wait and see....
Although going by how well the map upgrades have been recieved by the people who have already got them for the Go I am begining to wonder if this has really been worth waiting for?
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed my order on the 15th April. My order status has been showing CAPTURED, WAREHOUSE for last 2 weeks.

I was told last Wednesday by Tomtom Support:

Our products are made-to-order out of house. I have checked on your order personally with our supplier. It is scheduled to ship within the next few days.

We will see...
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed my order on the 15th too and there has been no change in the status since then. In case anybody is interested if you wish a refund from Tom Tom you first have to recieve the upgrade then request a refund which is what i intend to do if i have not received it by the 5 weeks. I have made it my policy not to comment in the forum if the person posting the topic appears to be using Pirated Software, the way Tom Tom have treated us a loyal customers to their software, means i will change that policy, Tom Tom do not deserve the support to prevent piracy of their software, i have made this comment on here before but assuming they do look at this forum NOT ONE to my knowledge has commented on here to try and defend this fiasco of an upgrade. I only waited 5 weeks for the upgrade because that was what was advised to me at time of order, though to be honest i was not aware that they would debit my card immediately.
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch out that if you recieve and then return, you will not get a refund on your postage!
p.s. still waiting for my "captured warehouse" to change
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5 weeks is up on Friday and I move house on Thursday. I can hear another TT excuse coming...
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5 weeks expires this Friday too. I doubt I will get it by then. Almost given up on ever getting it. This is so stupid, never had to wait 5 weeks for anything to arrive.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliendad wrote:
watch out that if you recieve and then return, you will not get a refund on your postage!
p.s. still waiting for my "captured warehouse" to change

i was thinking that, but what can i do if thats their refund policy?
aliendad
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what eurpoean law is, but in UK mailorder regulations, payment cannot be taken until they can dispatch your order.
if you have told them before they have dispatched the order that you no longer require it, you should get a full refund, including your postage.
also, if you except the parcel, who pays for the return postage?
if they say you will get a full refund for your order, and they will pay for your return postage, then wait for it to arrive, if they wont give you full refund plus return cost, then contact your card company and tell them, and then email tomtom, saying if the parcel is sent by them you will refuse it.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 days & counting
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a reply i just received from Tom Tom

As stated previoulsyyour order will arrive within 5 weeks of the date ordered. This means that your order will arrive no later than Fridat 27th May 2005.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.

Giving that my order was placed on the 15th April it looks like it is going to run to 6 weeks... Well i dont think so.
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple-they cant add up! :D -I have just recieved a similar reply.
How can we expect them to ship on time when they cant even work out the number of weeks between two dates.
Get the feeling we will be receiving e mails along the lines of "sorry but due to overwhelming demand......blah blah blah" soon Rolling Eyes
ride_rock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ordered on the 15/04. here's the reply I received from TomTom:

Quote:
As stated on our order page, delivery of your product may require up to 5 weeks from the date of order. We are doing our best to dispatch your product as soon as possible and ask that you are patient.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

They seem to be doing their best to annoy loyal customers. And they've got my money!! Anyone for CoPilot Live??????

:x :x :x
samsul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its looking very unlikely I will get my upgrade by Friday, which will be 5 weeks from placing the order on their site and 3 weeks since my credit card was debited with the money.

I have decided not to accpet the delivery of the upgrade if its delivered after Friday.
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would contact Tom Tom and tell them you no longer requite the product. You might not get a full refund if they dispatch it and the refuse it. I have already told them if i do not receive it by this friday, i will be requesting a full refund.
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsul wrote:

I was told last Wednesday by Tomtom Support:

Our products are made-to-order out of house. I have checked on your order personally with our supplier. It is scheduled to ship within the next few days.

How can a Tomtom get away with sending such misleading replies such as this?

I also will be asking for a full refund if i do not recieve it by the 5 weeks-if necessary via my credit card company.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: