Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Feeling Ripped Off!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeling Ripped Off!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InTheCrowd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Feeling Ripped Off! Reply with quote

New map of UK seems exactly the same as the old one - every error is still there!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the map updates seem a little pathetic. Have you reported the errors to TeleAtlas?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
yeah, the map updates seem a little pathetic. Have you reported the errors to TeleAtlas?

I Thought that's what we'de Already done. It looks as though they've just RE-Issued the same maps as we already HAD.

Why send in map error reports when they just don't correct them, then sell you the " Updated " maps you already OWN.

I've lost ALL faith in TomTom & TeleAtlas
Cee_Jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through the list of map errors I reported last year, those where the road was built/changed prior to about mid 2003 seem to be updated. Those where the change was later still seem to have the 'old' data. So, from what I am aware of, I would put a date on the maps of approx 18-24 months ago.

Chris
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map upgrade? What map upgrade? Every error I have reported is still there.

A total and utter con! Very, very disappointed that TomTom have put their name to this TeleAtlas "upgrade" - its nothing less than a shabby con which has cost us all £61.

marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same. I have submitted the errors to TomTOm again along with a little note explaining my feelings. I shall certainly be taking the time to write to TomTom customer services asking for a refund.
Bluenose666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes RIP OFF in capitals!

I've received my 2005 map upgrade, (sorry not upgrade) my maps with added full postcodes! As I went around West Bromwich ring road it STILL has the one way system all the wrong way!

I then went to two other areas I knew were wrong and guess what? Yep no change.

The only good feature apart from the full postcode is the fact it now switches on and off instantly. Apart from that?

So buyers beware!
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluenose666 wrote:
Yes RIP OFF in capitals!

The only good feature apart from the full postcode is the fact it now switches on and off instantly.

I think not. Used new maps today 6 out of 8 postcodes were wrong
Bluenose666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only tried one post code, and that seemed OK!

So it looks like a TOTAL RIP OFF then?
TTGaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks...

I too have just recieved for my "upgrade V571"... Hmm.. I can understand now why people are sooooooo p****d off.

I live in Shetland (Way up north of mainland) but originally from Falkirk, Central Scotland. The map that came with my TTGO I bought a couple of months ago was fine.. A couple of roundabouts have been built in the last 2/3 years, so I can appriciate the delay in getting them onto the map. However, there have been some built over 4 years ago, but they are not listed on the map, nor on the updated/upgraged maps (V571).

I would be greatful if one of you fine people could let me know if their map of Shetland on V571 update map GB-plus looks like a patchwork quilt. The previous map I had was spot on, but this "new" £61 upgrade looks extremely poor quality with the coastline looking blocky. I guess if I submit a map error to TomTom / Tele Atlas I could be waiting ages for a reply. The chances of a refund would be even slimmer. :D

Cheers
Gaz.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was very disappointed with the lack of the 'new' roundabouts on the current version of Co-Pilot. Roundabouts which had been in my area for several years. However I found the review on Navteq on this site most enlightening. Apparrently they (rightly or wrongly - I don't want to get into that one) ignore mini roundabouts. Armed with that information - my view on the maps accuracy (and me taking far fewer wrong turns) has improved. However, their comments on how 'up to date' applications maps are, was quite disconcerting. I would have expected the latest available maps at the time of release to be used - this is apparrently NOT the case. I would expect those comments to apply to any suppliers maps.
Do Tele Atlas have the same policy re mini-roundabouts I wonder?
KarmaMechanic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling very ripped off as well... just a few weeks ago I was recommending the TTGo to people and telling them that there would be new maps coming along soon.

Then I bought the 'new maps' (I'd already got V5) and I feel that TomTom have blatantly ripped everyone off. I've already told several people to avoid them - it makes me feel slightly better...

Individual letters of complaint aren't going to get us anywhere. What I want is a refund of the 61 quid (I know that includes 'packaging' - I want that refunded too, this whole episide was a scam in my opinion).

So how do we go about it ? There is presumably plenty of trading legislation in the UK that would support us. I've wondered whether to go through my credit card company since the goods weren't as advertised, but that is hard to prove. I've installed the card, so it can't be sent back unused - they might be getting it back used though !

Any constructive ideas about how those of us who are completely dissatisfied can get a refund ?
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarmaMechanic wrote:
just a few weeks ago I was recommending the TTGo to people

Same here, since I was the first person at work to get one I have managed to talk 5 other people into getting one plus 3 friends.
I won't be doing that anymore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: