Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin POI's (safety cameras)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin POI's (safety cameras)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Garmin POI's (safety cameras) Reply with quote

Garmin have introduced a POI loader on their website which has enabled me to download CSV files to my C320 from the pocketgpsworld safety camera data base. The only thing is I can't alter the proximity settings using the POI loader program, (i.e. distance from, and speed settings which activate the alarm). Although it initially alters the fields in the program, it doesn't alter them in the GPS. Are Pocketgpsworld planning any CSV files specifically for use with the Garmin range and POI loader?
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: POI loader Reply with quote

Hi, which files can I upload to the c320 via the POI loader to get the speed camera database?. I would prefer to use the single file version but would it be the (Destinator 3) or the (OTHERS) version? and also does anyone know how to use the speed camera icon files to relate to the single file version of (.CSV) files once these are uploaded to the Garmin's memory. Thanks.
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 'Others' section you need, but I've no idea how to get the icons on. The speed camera alerts only go off when you exceed the speed limit for the road.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Garmin and speed cameras Reply with quote

Many thanks Trafficman,
that sounds great and I guess that you can remove the speed limit if you want by deleting the "@speed" from after the POI name on the CSV file according to the POI loader instructions on how to create a CSV file, in which case it should alert you regardless of the speed I guess.
The remaining point would be how to get the icons on, something which I'll keep an eye on.
By the way, uploading the single file version of CSV file directly to the GPS didn't work for me and I only managed it by transferring the file to the SD card using a card reader with the POI loader. Was this the case with you or did you manage to load it directly to the Garmin?
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to load it directly to the Garmin C320. Also, I've managed to load the bmp files for traffic lights, and specs from the alterative bmp images! But the Gatso, mobile and temp images don't work Sad I don't know why Question I've also found that, you can edit the csv files to remove the speed warnings, but you can't overwrite the settings with the POI loader, as the program suggests.
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, the bmp images that I mentioned messed up my alarms so I've deleted them to get the red banner alarm back. Can anyone help re. getting POI images onto the Garmin?
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yipee! :o I tweeked the bitmap images that didn't show up before and increased their resolution. I then loaded them into the same file as the csv files with same name. To get them working properly, turn off your unit, disconnect from the computer and turn back on. Hey presto. Speed camera alerts and icons on my C320. Works a dream :D I've also got some Navman csv POI's and icons working on the C320! Marvellous Exclamation 8)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to be to do with the bit-depth of the bmp's. see this thread:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27974
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
it seems to be to do with the bit-depth of the bmp's. see this thread:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27974

Cheers for that MaFt. Great job.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: