Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New GB Map Errors!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New GB Map Errors!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottsy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the errors I reported last summer are still there. I was really hoping that I'd spent money to get out of the mess, but no, I've been done. My old Garmin has more accurate maps than this latest release from Tomtom.
pottsy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example, this error not fixed (fixed by Garmin in their 2003 map release)...

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=54438&highlight=map#54438
marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: New GB Map Errors! Reply with quote

gratrade wrote:
I Just received my new GB map upgrade and all the wrongly named roads I reported to Tele-atlas are still WRONG. These are main roads into Glasgow that have been there for decades! Post code search is good but if the roads are wrongly named whats the point. VERY DISAPPOINTED :x

Exactly the same for me. The road where I live in London is wrong and I reported this when I first bought my Go. Almost a year later I pay out for the new maps and it is STILL wrong.

ALSO VERY DISAPPOINTED!
ssnw1610
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is forming the view that the 'new' map contains no updates whatsoever, I can confirm that the most glaring omission in my locality has been updated. This relates to the interchange between the A127 and a new stretch of the A130 near Rayleigh, Essex.

I'm not saying this justifies the £61.32.....
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it should be a legal requirement for all software to display both the supplier of the maps, and the date they were originally compiled by that supplier - both on the CD and prominently on the outside of the packaging. I am sure that this would help ensure that we have more up-to-date maps. At least we could have some idea of what should have been, and what doesn't have a cat in hells chance of being updated. It seems to me that too much time and effort is being spent on the software at the expense of the maps. What they need to remember is that without accurate maps the application is useless.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys due to the way ditgital maps are produced and the fact that the errors may need to visually check by a surveying team all of which takes time. it can upto 2 years for map errors and new roads to be included in new maps this is nothing to do with tomtom and they have no control over how quick errors are fixed this in tomtoms case would be down to teleatlas i would suggest that any errors are sent to them and they should be fixed it time

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
guys due to the way ditgital maps are produced and the fact that the errors may need to visually check by a surveying team all of which takes time. it can upto 2 years for map errors and new roads to be included in new maps this is nothing to do with tomtom and they have no control over how quick errors are fixed this in tomtoms case would be down to teleatlas i would suggest that any errors are sent to them and they should be fixed it time

We have a contract with TT not Teleatlas. If the screen fails I will not be sending my TT back to the screen manufacturer. TT should be aware of the sorts of changes that have been made or not it would seem in this case. So far TT has not made any announcement what so ever at this time about the lack of customer satisfaction.
Evilution
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom, give us the mapping software and we'll sort the maps out our bloody selves.
Digital cartography is easy once the base has been set, you get the standard paper map from O/S or tele atlas and it is just plotted in, you don't even have to go to the road anymore.

No excuse, just money grabbing.
pottsy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:

So how come the 2003 Garmin maps (and they updated me FREE OF CHARGE) contain none of the errors that these latest TT maps suffer?

The Teleatlas maps are 2 years behind the Garmin ones, and I was charged £61 for this rubbish.

Never again.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:

If indeed it takes two years to update maps (one might suggest the £61 go toward paying for double the surveyors in future) Tom Tom / Teleatlas should at least qoute the accuracy of the updates.
"Updated utill 2003" would at least give us the opportunity to decide if it was worth upgrading or not. The issue of "map upgrades" gives the clear impression that they are recent i.e. within the last 6 months or so.
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]guys due to the way ditgital maps are produced and the fact that the errors may need to visually check by a surveying team all of which takes time. it can upto 2 years for map errors and new roads to be included in new maps this is nothing to do with tomtom and they have no control over how quick errors are fixed this in tomtoms case would be down to teleatlas i would suggest that any errors are sent to them and they should be fixed it time

2 years i think is absolute rubbish. AA navigator which uses NAVTEQ maps has new roads that were put on the original release i purchased in december.

no matter how good a piece of software is, its no good with outdated maps. i shall instead now be looking for the NAVTEQ on board symbol on anything else i shall purchase. garmin of course use NAVTEQ and may well start to take some market share from TT with the C320 which is already priced very close to the GO300 on the comet website..
joedavid0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote]guys due to the way ditgital maps are produced and the fact that the errors may need to visually check by a surveying team all of which takes time. it can upto 2 years for map errors and new roads to be included in new maps this is nothing to do with tomtom and they have no control over how quick errors are fixed this in tomtoms case would be down to teleatlas i would suggest that any errors are sent to them and they should be fixed it time ...

"...nothing to do with TT... Of course it as, TT have choosen to use TeleAtlas and will have a contract with them and pay them. We choose to buy TT thus TT are again responsable to us.
TT want £61 from me for a UK map upgrade which on this forum I read has little or no changes and the maps are 2 years out of date.
TT need to get thier supplier TeleAtlas sorted out, refund the £61 paid to them by customers allready, and contact us all again when a real upgrade is ready.
To me TT are acting like the firms one sees on BBC WatchDog.
Regards
David
Dipstick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get one over on Tom Tom why not send me the Great_Britain.Postal file.

Best Wishes

Keith@simpson55.wanadoo.co.uk
raw444
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRubberGloves wrote:
Any chance you can check on this error for me, it is between Junctions 5 and 6 of the M25, I presume it's an error as the map shows that you can leave the M25 via a small unnamed road. If you type in Brasted as the city/town and then Hogtrough Hill as the street, instead of a house number use the crossing option and select Station Road. I reported this error ages ago and was wondering if this has been fixed.

Thanks in advance.

i had the same sort of problem on the M25, before j16 it told me to turn off on a small side road, somebody informed me that there are police cameras there and if caught doing this, you can get 6 points on your licence and a £125 fine!!! Thanks tom tom!!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dipstick wrote:
If you want to get one over on Tom Tom why not send me the Great_Britain.Postal file.

Best Wishes

Keith@simpson55.wanadoo.co.uk

You won't be able to email the file, even when zipped. It's nearly 10MB.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: