Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PRESS RELEASE: SEIDIO Multimedia Mounts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PRESS RELEASE: SEIDIO Multimedia Mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PRESS RELEASE: SEIDIO Multimedia Mounts Reply with quote

Seidio - Multi-function Mount Kit

Giving PDA users the most convenience and safety while on the road, this innovative and user-friendly product features three major functions: holder function, speaker function, and charger function.

1) Holder Function

This mount provides a secure method for traveling in your vehicle with your device. The mount has adjustable padded arms to stabilize all PDAs.

ONLY Seidio offers a wide selection for Multi-function Mount Kit in

- Mounting (windshield pedestal and multi-angle pedestal)

- Colors (titanium silver and dark gray)

Mounting
  • Multi-Angle Mount - Provides a secure platform to hold your device and features a multi-angle pedestal for adjusting the position. The multi-angle pedestal can be adjusted in nearly every direction and the flexible pedestal base conforms to the shape of your dash and console. By using the strong and large 3M double-sided adhesive sticker (3.75 inch x 2.25 inch) to install, it is the most common method of installation, although screws are also included if a more permanent installations desired. The cradle can also be easily detached from the pedestal for storage purpose if that becomes necessary.
  • Windshield/Gooseneck Mount - This mount provides a strong flexible windshield solution to hold your device. It features a super strong suction cup windshield pedestal and a 360° adjustable gooseneck (8 inch long) for easy positioning. The super strong suction cup can hold up to 20 lbs securely from the windshield.
Colors
  • Titanium Silver
  • Dark Gray
2) Speaker Function

Enables users to listen to MP3 music, digital books, and GPS voice direction through the built-in high performance speaker and the speaker volume can be adjusted with the volume control on the side of the unit. A convenient, safe, and smart way to use your PDA while you drive.

3) Charger Function

The mount can power and charge your device through any cigarette lighter socket (12-24VDC) by using a PDA Power Cable to connect your device to the mount. By changing the power cable, the mount can charge any PDA and PDA phone.

* The package includes:

-- Holder with Mount

-- PDA Power Cable

Seidio - Multi-function Hands Free Charger Mount Kit

Hands Free Function
  • Simply plug a Hands Free Cable into your PDA phone’s ear jack and you are ready to go hands free through the built-in high performance speaker that ensures loud and clear sound quality, no echo, no disturbance for your conversation. A convenient, safe, and smart way to use your PDA phones while you drive.
  • The hands free cable comes with high quality microphone and one-touch button to answer or end a phone call.
  • Enable users to hear MP3 music, digital books, and GPS voice direction through the built-in high performance speaker
* Adjust the speaker volume by the volume control on the side of the unit.

For more information visit Seidio s Website
~Yuck~
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PRESS RELEASE: SEIDIO Multimedia Mounts Reply with quote

Would I be right in thinking that the PDA mount would not work with TTN, as the synch port appears to be used by the mount?

~Yuck~
FishSlice
Occasional Visitor

can anyone say Arkon ? :-)

Si
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Actually Seidio! I've been speaking to Seidio at length (and you'll probably notice that Seidio are now one of our sponsors), we have 4 mounts here we'll be reviewing shortly. The mount is actually designed by Seidio and you'll not only see that Arkon only offer one colour, and Seidio offer two, but the Seidio in some cases depending on colour and Pocket PC type you go for is up to $20 cheaper than Arkon's.
Michael
Occasional Visitor

Whats with the press release, these aren't exactly new. I had posted information on these mounts on the 28 feb, and asked if anyone had used them.

Earlier Seidio post

And then at a later date someone from Seidio also posted the information you have repeated here.

The skeptical among use would say this had something to do with them becoming site sponsors - I hope the site's not losing its great unbiased opinions and reviews

Michael
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Michael, Seidio have asked for us to post the full press release (which is new!). This press release wasn't on the forums or on the website, although the images previously were.

I can assure you 150% we are not losing our great unbiased opinions and reviews, far from it! You should see some of the reviews we've got coming soon! In-fact we have over 14 new hardware reviews currently underway! The reason why we are changing sponsors and adding new ones to the website is that at the end of the day this site costs a huge amount of money to keep it running, unfortunately my own pockets and the rest of the Team's pockets aren't big enough to contend with this. When we review the *latest* products just to hit the market, a large selection of companies request the products back, and when sending products back half way around the world, we have to incur large courier and insurance costs to bring you the reviews for free. If we don't pay these fees, we don't get the products. Unfortunately there's only so much our pockets can cope with (and not wishing to sound a real puss in the boots), something also the Team have only been aware of until now is that I have also been give notice of redundancy from my day job which makes all of this much more harder to achieve!

We have had sponsors from nearly day 1 on Pocket GPS and I do hope you understand, our great unbiased opinions and reviews are still here and will continue, we are however making strategic alliances with many of the manufacturers to bring you the products on or before they are released which I do hope you will enjoy reading these types of reviews just as much as we enjoy writing them!

Hey, if anyone out there reading this wants to employ me, please feel free to email me.
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

I have just received a Seidio mount and I like it.

One of the nice features of the Seidio Mount is that it doesn't use the serial port where there is a separate charging socket. I use a Pocket Loox. The amplified sound is ideal if you are on a noisy motorway or have the window open, radio on etc.

Another useful features is an extra charging socket on the side. This is 5v and ideal for topping up the battery on an EMTAC BT GPS. I have a short lead that runs across the dash to the EMTAC. You probably won't need it most of the time but should your EMTAC battery be getting low you won't be stuck.

There is a handy coiled power supply from the ciggy lighter to the unit and this helps to keep the wires hanging down to a minimum.

I also intend to investigate the hands free connection on the bottom of the unit. This supposedly allows a mobile phone to be connected with a cable that incorporates a microphone, like the ones on headsets. The plan is to mount my mobile phone on the side of the unit using one of clip.com's clips, connect to the Seidio and have a fully self contained unit which will:-

a) Charge my Loox

b) Charge my EMTAC BT GPS if required

c) Give me hands free on my mobile phone

d) Amplify the sound from my Loox for GPS Navigation

And all this with the minimum of wires hanging around the place.

I tend to drive hire cars quite a bit on business and this is when a unit like this really comes in handy.
andygrove
Regular Visitor

Does the cable for the extra charging socket come with the unit or is it extra? If so where did you get it?

Does anyone know if the long arm version would work with the Ipaq with a double expansion pack?

Many thanks

Andy
Dave
Frequent Visitor

It did come with the cradles we were supplied, it has a USB plug one end and the standard iPAQ 3600 charger connection the other end.
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

Andy

It comes with the charging lead for your PDA but not with a lead for using the extra charging socket.

This is very easy to make up to the length you require. It is just a 4.0/1.7 plug at either end, the same as used for charging the EMTAC BT GPS. These are readily available at HiFi stores etc.

The tricky bit is trying to figure out the pin configuration on the USB socket that is used for hands free.
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

I've figured out the USB socket for handsfree, and it works.

I've now got a unit that will:-

a) Charge my Loox

b) Charge my EMTAC BT GPS if required

c) Give me hands free on my mobile phone

d) Amplify the sound from my Loox for GPS Navigation
APK1
Regular Visitor

Is there a UK stockist ? or only direct ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: