Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to delete a Favourite in v3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to delete a Favourite in v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: How to delete a Favourite in v3 Reply with quote

As many of you are aware it appeared that yu could not delete a Favourite from within v3 of Mapsonic. Below is the replyu I received from viaMichelin which explains how to do it (and it works!). In their reply they also confirmed that it is currently not possible in v3 to have the system in Navigation Mode without a destination selected so it cannot be used as a simple speed camera alert system as was the case with v2.5,=. However their reply suggested they were investigating the issue so fingers crossed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II – Delete a « Favourite »
3.1 – Delete a « Favourite » in search mode

- Display a map
- Search for the saved favourite as indicated in § II.
- Zoom until the name of the favourite is displayed in the location bar.
- click on « MAP OPTIONS ».
- click on « LOCATION INDICATOR ».
- click on « DELETE ADDRESS».
- Confirm your choice by clicking on « YES ».

? The symbol representing the favourite has disappeared of the map as well as of the list of the saved favourites..

3.2 – Delete a « Favourite » by direct selection on the map

- Display a map
- Zoom until the favourites icons are displayed.
- Click on the favourite and place there the location indicator ; the name of the favourite should be displayed in the location bar.
- click on « MAP OPTIONS ».
- click on « LOCATION INDICATOR ».
- click on « DELETE ADDRESS».
- Confirm your choice by clicking on « YES »

? The symbol representing the favourite has disappeared of the map as well as of the list of the saved favorite.
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Really useful.
Karim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Deleting favourites - tip of the day... Reply with quote

I tried the procedure described above but to my surprise the address I wanted to delete did not show up with the favourite icon on the map!
As a result I did not have the delete option Sad

Reason: the favourite I was trying to delete had been selected as my current destination!

So, in order to delete favourite addresses as described in the thread above you must make sure that the favourite you want to delete is NOT selected as your destination or arrival point.
To do this simply select a random point on the map and then click the destination or arrival button (depending on whether the favourite you want to delete is currently selected as destination or arrival point).
Now when you zoom in on the favourite address you want to delete you will see the favourite flag appear. :D
Lostagaininfrance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting favourites - tip of the day... Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
I tried the procedure described above but to my surprise the address I wanted to delete did not show up with the favourite icon on the map!
As a result I did not have the delete option Sad

Reason: the favourite I was trying to delete had been selected as my current destination!

So, in order to delete favourite addresses as described in the thread above you must make sure that the favourite you want to delete is NOT selected as your destination or arrival point.
To do this simply select a random point on the map and then click the destination or arrival button (depending on whether the favourite you want to delete is currently selected as destination or arrival point).
Now when you zoom in on the favourite address you want to delete you will see the favourite flag appear. :D

Typical crap Michelin software, no thought process gone into it. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: