Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Two iPaq’s, one Tom Tom 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Two iPaq’s, one Tom Tom 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Two iPaq’s, one Tom Tom 2 Reply with quote

Due to the contacts list among other things me and my wife have each an iPaq 3870. For the moment we use Tom Tom 1 installed on each iPaq and since we use it one at the time I hope I am not breaking the law here. We use both the same car.

We would like to have Tom Tom 2 installed on both iPaq's but only buy ONE set. With all the fuzz I have been reading I am bit scared since according to previous read messages it can't be done. Anyway I can get around the problem ?

Best regards

Rolly

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Two iPaq’s, one Tom Tom 2 Reply with quote

Rolly, it can be done two activations from the same license code 7 days apart, but from what I recall of the license agreement TomTom do say you should only install it on one device at anyone time.
rolly
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 26 April 2003

Rolly, it can be done two activations from the same license code 7 days apart, but from what I recall of the license agreement TomTom do say you should only install it on one device at anyone time.

Hi Dave,

Doesn't make sence if it can only be installed on one unit at any given time. Maybe I should stick to version 1 :-). Dave, thanks for your prompt reply.

Best regards

Rolly

Flash
Occasional Visitor

Rolly,

see my paste here for the way I get round the problem of using TTN2 on two different devices:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=62&TopicID=1508&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=2

Let me know what your thoughts are,

Flash
rolly
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Flash on 28 April 2003

Rolly,

see my paste here for the way I get round the problem of using TTN2 on two different devices:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=62&TopicID=1508&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=2

Let me know what your thoughts are,

Flash

Hi Flash,

In all the messages I've been reading there seem to be a lot of confusion and difficulties getting version 2 to work. For the time being I'll stick to version 1 until there is a better solution on activating version 2.

Thanks again Flash for your prompt respond.

Best regards

Rolly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: