Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WOT BT Device to go 4?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WOT BT Device to go 4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: WOT BT Device to go 4? Reply with quote

Hi People, :D

I need some help please, I'm currently using an iPAQ 5450 with SysOn CF Memory GPS (256MB) and Tom Tom 3, it has worked V well but I need to change.

The company I work for are supplying me with a SPV M2000 this is an Orange version of the XDA IIs.

So I am selling my current set-up and starting again, well almost, I'll keep the Tom Tom 3.

Now I've looking at BlueTooth GPS receivers as I need to be able to move it from car to car and use it on foot.

Can you recommend a BlueTooth GPS receiver that will work the SPV M2000 or should I sell the Tom Tom 3 and buy the 'NEW' TomTom Navigator 5 with Bluetooth GPS Sat Nav which is due out soon?

Thank you in advance for any help you can supply. :D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a difficult choice, in that your best option probably is the TomTom Navigator 5 and Bluetooth GPS bundle, but that isn't likely to be available for around a month (it looks as if Navigator 5 will ship late May).

SiRFstar III Bluetooth GPSes are not that common at the moment, and are very expensive. The launch of the new TomTom Bluetooth packages will change that, and likely lower the prices.

It's up to you; if I was in your position right now I'd be trying to hold on, but you may not feel you have that choice.

Whoever buys your old setup can, of course, upgrade the Navigator 3 software to Navigator 5 if you throw the software in with the bundle.

David
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply,

Super Trader are quoting May 12th for stock of TomTom Navigator 5 with Bluetooth GPS Receiver, but other sites are quoting June.

I have been looking at the GLOBALSAT BT338 SIRF STAR III BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER on E-Bay ay £84.95 but that is from the Canada and delivery charges need to added. but then I could upgrade Tom Tom 3 when the upgrade comes out (not sure of the cost).

I can afford to wait but you know what it's like when gotta have it you gotta have it!

By the way has the 'NEW' TomTom Navigator 5 with Bluetooth GPS Receiver been reviewed yet?

If anyone will no how good it is the good at 'Pocket GPS World' will. :D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Navigator 5, look at the preview of Navigator 5 and the comments on Go 5 - it will be basically the same product on the Pocket PC, as TomTom develop on a "common platform" basis.

I don't believe TomTom has committed to release dates yet, nor have they released details of the upgrade deal for Pocket PC users.

David
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Spec know for the 'NEW' Tom Tom BT GPS receiver.

:P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: